1. late on date

After dreaming, it feels ecstatic to get the desired interpretation of that dream in reality. But waiting for the one whose dreams are decorated in our eyes always put us in trouble. Aiman Siddiqui was also being bullied by a similar condition.

As soon as she entered the cafe, she turned her eyes all around. Shahzeb Aabis Alvie was nowhere to be seen. She sighed a deep breath. According to the habit, he was late even today.

Aiman Siddiqui was compelled to move towards the special table for the two people in the corner and sat on the chair. There was a feeling of severe loneliness. While playing with the bracelet she was wearing or the car key, impudently she took a look at everyone.

The warm atmosphere inside felt very nice in comparison to the cold weather outside and the cold winds. She patted her face with the tissue paper she held in her hand, and tried to tame the hair with her waxy delicate fingers. After correcting the appearance, she leaned on the back of the chair.

At that time, she had no choice but to listen to the people present in the cafe. Here the coffee was so exquisite that the rush would start increasing with the waning evening.

After a while tapping her legs in uneasiness, after staring at the tableau of the people present in the cafe, she also got tired of this work. “Touba hai!! Kahan reh gaye yeh?”, grooming her hair with fingers, she murmured.

Remembering the promise she made to her mother to reach home early, her mind started worrying. Today the entire family of Phufo was invited. Those people were gathering at one place to finalize the wedding venues as dates were already finalized which was two months later. That's why dinner was scheduled at her house.

Aiman did not want to come here because of that, but everything was on one side and Shahzeb's stubbornness on the other. Anxiety surrounded Aiman as Shahzeb wasn't reached yet.

“Lagta hai sahab yahan bula kar khud hi bhul gayein hain. Agar mujhse aisi koi bhul-chuk ho jaati toh aasmaan sar pe utha liya jaata. Magar khud ko tou saat khoon muaaf hain na.”, she frantically opened the zip of the precious brown leather bag. She took out the cell phone from it, checked the time and murmured - “It is too late. Jaane kab aayenge?”

Now the annoyance began to mount on Aiman. Thirty minutes had elapsed from the time given by Shahzeb. She got tired and called. “Coffee shop pe hi ruko, Aiman.”, his voice ringed in her ears and before she could respond, the line was cut from the other side. Her differences arose.

“Kahin Aabis ne mujhe satane ke liye tou koi mazaaq nahin kiya? Agar aisa hua tou main usey chhorhungi nahin.”, an incredulity waved in the mind. Clenching her fist, she decided internally.

To pass the time again, she allowed herself to watch the people coming inside through a clean glass door.

Suddenly a couple entered giving off the newly married aura. The girl was wearing chooda. What to say about her pride and claim!! And the boy seemed devoted to her.

Aiman chuckled looking at them –
“Nayi nayi shaadi ke baad insaan khud ko badalon par tairta hua mehsoos karta hai. Zameen par chalne mein mushkil hoti hai. Phir saal guzarte hain toh zindagi aur halaat ki zarooratein dimaagh khol deti hain. Aur aulaad ho jane pe phir tou puchhne ki baat hi nahin. Shouhar gifts and flowers ki jagah milk carton aur diapers khareedta nazar aata hai.”, in her ears, her married cousin's philosophy of life echoed and the corner of her lips lifted up.

Imagination turned its way to the future and the eyes saw Shahzeb carrying the packet of diapers. Aiman laughed thinking about it.

Last week was very busy due to Arisha's marriage function. Inadvertently, she had to ignore Shahzeb which made him very angry.

She was her college friend, that's why Aiman enjoyed every moment with great enthusiasm from the dholki to the day of marriage. Knowing such happy moments of her friend's life, she forgot the bitter memories that had come between them. On the persuasion of her mother, Aimal showed his greatness.

After getting the card, she reached there gracefully. She took an active part in every work. While doing all the decorations with her own hands, she got a lot of praise from the family. Perhaps, she was trying to compensate for the crime she had not committed, because of this, she spent more time with Arisha. Being so busy, she couldn't even talk properly to Shahzeb. Even when he came home, she would not have been present. It was obvious that Shahzeb was going to be mad at her.

As soon as she wrapped up after the marriage, the memories of Aabis created a storm in the heart. She called to talk. “Nahin karni baat.”, he cut the line in a second. Now it was his turn to throw tantrums. Just crumpled like a dough of mash. It was the first time in his life that Aiman ignored him continuously for so long.

The one who always used to dominate her, always used to make her do as he wanted, he wasn't habitual of her ignorance. He just kept wandering like a grumpy child. Even Aiman could not bear it. She called him many times, on the pretext of errands at  Phufo's house, she also came to visit him. Tried a million to persuade, but that the one who got off the track, it was difficult to bring him back on the track.

“Aabis, tum humesha hi der kar dete ho. Aaj tou waqt par aa jate taki main Phufo ke aane se pehle ghar pahunch jaati.”, the chain of her thoughts broke from the sound, which happened due to the rip falling of cup from the hand of a child sitting on the table in front. She grumbled. She took a deep breath to compose herself.

“Hi, kaisi hai meri jaan?”, he leaned against her ear while sitting on the chair loudly.

“Oh shukr hai aap aa gaye!”, Aiman was shocked at this approach and straightened up.

*

my people!!
welcoming you in this new journey.
how did you find this small sa chapter?
and what do you think about this story?
lemme inform you beforehand you are going to love Shahzeb - Aiman's Aabis and his love for her.