𝐨𝐧𝐞

ᴏɴᴇ. ʀᴇx ᴍᴀɴɴɪɴɢ ᴅᴀʏ

Suki slammed her car door shut with a huff before stomping her way across the street. Her face was scrunched up with irritation and her lips held a slight frown.

Suki's morning had not been going well. First, she was rudely awaken by her neighbor blasting music at four in the morning and by the time she fell back asleep her alarming was going off. She then spent an hour getting ready only to spill her coffee all over herself and have to change making her a little late to work. And to top it all off, it was Rex Manning Day.

Rex Manning. God, Suki hated him and his music. Suki didn't know why he was coming to Empire Records in the first place. His career had faded a while ago. The only people who still liked him were middle aged women and Corey, who Suki had heard talking to Gina about her school-girl crush on him. Something about having a plan to offer herself to Rex.

Suki thought she was insane. Corey was still in high school, and her dream guy was a washed up eighties pop star? She thought Gina at least would try and help by hooking her up with one of the many men she would hang around, but from the conversation she had heard Corey was dead set on her first time being with Rex Manning, and Gina offered her nothing, but support. If Corey and her were friends she probably would've gave her advice on why her sleeping with Rex Manning was a bad idea, but she was sure Corey couldn't care less about what she had to say.

In fact, the only people that Suki worked with that she would really consider her friends are AJ and Debra. They were the only two who really made an effort to talk to her. Joe would always talk to her when she needed too, and he cared for her, but he was still her boss. She didn't know if she could really consider him a friend.

When Suki entered Empire Records, the first thing she noticed was Rex Manning's new song playing on the speakers throughout the store. She rolled her eyes internally screaming. Then she noticed Corey, Gina, and Mark dancing by the stairs making her shake her head and continue her way to the back room.

"Hey, Suki." AJ greeted her as soon as she walked into the break room.

"Hey, AJ." Suki greeted him back. Her mood perked up a bit seeing him. Suki enjoyed working with AJ. He made it a little easier coming to work everyday.

"It's Rex Manning Day." AJ said with fake cheer. "Aren't you just so excited?" He said making his voice higher.

"So very." Suki said with sarcastic glee. AJ chuckled before looking back down at his sketchbook. "I can already tell this day is gonna drag." Suki groaned as she pulled her jacket out of her bag before hanging it on the hook beside the shelf.

"Yep, can't wait to stand around and watch women in their forty's almost pass out from meeting Mr. Say no more." AJ sang the lyrics to Rex Manning's song, doing a little dance in his seat.

Suki shook her head and laughed at him as she slipped on her jacket and zipped it up half way. She walked over to the wall and grabbed her slip of yellow paper, clocking in for her shift, before walking over to AJ.

"What are you drawing?" Suki asked. She attempted to look at his paper, but he closed it before she could.

"Nothing." AJ said. Suki put her hands on her hips and glared at him, but he only have her a cheeky smile in return.

"Fine. Don't show me." Suki huffed dramatically walking over to the couch. "I'll just sneak a peek later when you aren't looking." She said playfully teasing him.