Chapter 1: Alone

How long was I asleep? Days, weeks, months. I don't know, but somehow I was awake and greeted by the rustling of leaves in a forest.

Didn't I die, I thought to myself.

I sat up and stretched to loosen my aching muscles, however, when I looked at my arm it was translucent.

"What's happening," I said to myself, panicking.

(Flashback)

"Do you think we should split up," I said to a blury figure next to me looking at two different paths in a cave.

"Only if you want to," they reply in a distorted voice. I smiled and nodded, going off on my own hoping to make the figure happy by gathering iron, diamonds and other materials we needed to stock up on.

I mined around the area for a few minutes until I found a ravine and called for them to see it. I had a quick look and saw the lava at the bottom but, I also noticed a couple of diamonds scattered here and there. Jackpot.

Seconds later I heard footsteps behind me, "That was quick," I said, but when I turned around, instead of seeing a person I was met with a creeper that was ready to blow up.

I backed up slightly and held my arms up trying to block some damage from the explosion but the blast was too strong and it threw me into the ravine.

I fell, landing on a small ledge near the bottom of the ravine and hearing a mixture of my bones and armour break on impact.

"(...) Help me. Help," I said weakly, barely staying conscious long enough to hear my words echo around me in a futile attempt to reach the panicked blury figure at the top of the ravine. In my last moments I saw a skeleton from across the ravine ready it's bow and I felt the brief pain of an arrow getting shot into my shoulder.

I closed my eyes one final time and then felt nothing.

(End of flashback)

So that was me, or rather when I was alive. Am I even the same person anymore, and who was that person I was with. It seemed like hundreds of questions came to mind in that second and yet the only thing I knew was that my name (or rather my alive self's name) is (y/n) and I could see that I was travelling with someone, but who. The last question made me suddenly realise something that gave me a sickly feeling.

I was alone.

I was alone with no tools and almost no memories.