𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

Christine's POV

   Today, I decided, was the day I'd try (without much enthusiasm) to seduce William Afton.

   The only thing I was scared of was the possibility of him... reciprocating my attempts. That'd be abhorrent, but I had faith in his relationship with Y/N.

   Speaking of Y/N... she hadn't seemed at all well since their fight. The girl looked like she had lost hope, dragging her feet and sulking around the restaurant like a ghost. She was so much quieter nowadays.

   That's what you get for dating a murderer, I suppose.

   Since I was certain she wouldn't be interrupting me, I stood in front of Vincent's office, correcting my posture and straightening my uniform. I had no idea what I'd say; it had to be convincing. It'd mortify me no matter what it was, so I assumed any flirtatious comment would work.

   Taking a deep and hesitant breath, I knocked.

   "Come in," Called a soft voice. I turned the handle and entered.

   "Oh," Vincent said once I closed the door behind me. "Christine. Is there a problem?"

   "Well, erm..." I bit my lip in a laughable attempt to act like Anastasia Steele and eyed him up and down. "It's nothing, I just... wanted to ask you a little bit about the animatronics. Only if you have time, though."

   His expression was that of a man trying desperately hard not to furrow his eyebrows. He pressed his lips together.

   "Right," He murmured. "Yes... I'm not busy right now, if you'd like to know more. Did something intrigue you?"

   God, I hate this.

   "I mean, the whole thing is intriguing, yeah?" I tried to laugh a little. "You're an incredible man, you know."

   "Ah..." It seemed he was catching on. "Well, I appreciate it."

   A sudden urge came to me, and it was a bit cruel, but I didn't mind when it was Vincent. It was only payback for the fact that it was technically his fault I had to be here right now. Oh, along with the whole murderer thing.

   "Who taught you what you know? Weren't you friends with Henry Emily?"

   I came closer, just to gauge his reaction. I settled down in one of the cushioned chairs facing his desk and smiled, bringing my eyes pointedly to his mouth.

   "Yes. Henry... we were close." He didn't want to come off as weak (I could tell from the way he pursed his lips) so he kept looking right at me. "Unfortunately, he never got to teach me much before he passed. I had to learn alone."

   His voice wavered on the last word, like he tended to avoid saying it, and I met his gaze. There was an alarming amount of pain there, almost as if that was where he stored it. I tried to frown.

   "That is quite unfortunate. I'm sorry... but still, you did amazingly." Then I winked at him. "I know talent when I see it. And, uh, as head electrician... I see it a lot."

   His demeanor refused to falter. Mine wanted to, just a little bit.

   "You differ quite a lot from my initial perception of you, Christine."

   "Do I?" That shouldn't have surprised me. I only started acting like this when I thought he didn't trust me.

   "You're a lot more..." He blinked at me. "Forward... Than I thought you'd be."

   "Glad to hear it." I had a feeling that this was getting awkward. I shifted in my seat, trying to come up with an excuse on the spot.

   His gaze was actually starting to hurt a little bit. I hadn't thought such a thing was possible until now.

   "Oh!" I perked up. "I didn't even realize... my lunch break starts in three minutes."

   Luckily, that was true. I let out an inward sigh of relief.

   Vincent glanced at the wall clock, then nodded silently. He gave me an amused sort of smile.

   "Alright, then. Feel free to talk to me any time."

   As if, Afton.

Y/N's POV

   You wished you even had the heart to be mad or sad, but all that you were was lost.

   Answers wouldn't come to you no matter how hard you wished for them. Everything felt... pointless. You had options, of course, but none of them would end in happiness for you. Happiness didn't feel real anymore.

   I could just ignore the murderer thing and... and love him for his good side, you tried, but it sounded stupid. It was impossible to ignore the fact that he killed people. Children. So maybe you'd just have to sit around and wait to feel better.

   Like that'd ever happen.

   You suddenly remembered where you were when you saw Christine walk by, hand in hand with her little brother. A frown came to your lips as you watched the two of them exit the restaurant.

   ...Are they allowed to leave?

   Whether or not that was the case, you made no attempt to stop them. It didn't really make a difference to you.

   But then you realized, by glancing at your phone, that it was about 11:32. A few employees had their lunch break scheduled for this time. A sigh escaped you. Technically, you could leave at any time if you told Vincent where you were going, but you had no desire to do that. You had no desire to do anything.

   "Y/N?"

   You looked up to see the softly smiling face of Nicole. You blinked.

   "Yeah?"

   Something in her eyes told you she hadn't just dropped by for a friendly chat. She seemed... concerned. Actually concerned. There was no pity, no judgment. Just affection and understanding.

   "Would you like to go out for lunch with me? I'll pay." Her voice was a little bit smaller than usual.

   You studied her face for something, but you didn't know what. She was so pretty. Her eyes were bright and her hair was neat and styled. You didn't even want to think about what you looked like at that moment. Probably something akin to roadkill in comparison.

   "...Um, I don't know." You wanted to hang out with her. She was a source of comfort. "I'm kind of... busy."

   "Oh, busy, huh?" Nicole smiled slyly at you. "Busy looking down and ignoring everyone lately?"

   "That's not-"

   "Please, Y/N." She laid a hand on your shoulder. "I just want to talk to you."

   Your gaze went quickly to the ground and stayed there, because you knew if it continued to familiarize itself with Nicole's face, you'd start crying. Quietly, you murmured:

   "Ok. Lunch sounds nice."

i know this chapter is short shut up