Extra : Part 1 of flashbacks : 'Cale and his adopted kids'

Timeline : Before Cale meets Choi Han.

Raon POV

In the three and half years of the black dragon's life, there was only pain, pain and pain. The child was held as a prisoner and had beared most painful and gut wrenching tortures from the beings called as humans.

He doesn't have any memory of happiness or content; but only just a bit of comfort when the humans grew tired of torturing him. No relatives, no friends and not even a good person did the black dragon come across.

He was forced to hatch in a dirty dingy prison. When he showed a bit resistance towards the humans, he was chained and the torture instruments were brought in one by one.

Venion Stan was the name of his enemy. The person who was behind his all the troubles and misfortunes. Venion used to sit and eat a feast in front of the black dragon while the dragon used to get whipped and hit till his flesh burned.

But one day, something different was seen by the dragon. Few guards had brought in a struggling human youth in his prison cell. It seemed that the human was also going to get locked up in the cage. The human was just wearing trousers and a thin overcoat that looked like pyjamas.

The human had blood red hair that barely reached till his shoulders. It seemed that the guards of that monster Venion had beaten up the boy before locking him up in one of the cages. The Red headed boy struggled from the grip of the guards and cursed them trying to pry out of their hold on him.

It was very unexpected but the human was put in the same prison cell as the dragon. The dragon heard that the human's name was Cale. Cale was cursing and trying to use a weird power on the guards to get away and break free. But the guards bind one of his wrist with a weird looking restriction belt. The power that was rampaging inside of the youth's body suddenly was cut off.

Cale was thrown inside the cell with a strong push. Fortunately he landed on the pile of hay which was actually the black dragon's bed. Cale was knocked out cold. He did not wake up until two days after when he got extremely thirsty.

The black dragon had first shown hostility towards Cale but after seeing his condition, he decided that the red headed human was very weak. Seeing that the human was continuously asking for water in his sleep, the dragon shifted the bowl of water towards the human. Cale got up on his hands and crawled towards the bowl and drank a few gulp before slipping into the unconscious state again.

Black dragon had heard about how this human was caught and how they were going to get a huge profit from him. The guards sneered everytime they checked on the youth's condition.

After three days of being in coma, the torturer had brought a healing potion to revive the human's deteriorating health. After making the human gain his consciousness, he was again hit and interrogated. Cale did not open his mouth for any answers but just cursed and spit on the torturer and guards. Though there was no wound on the human's body, there were a lot many blue-black bruises on him.

After being locked up for almost four days, that was when Cale had noticed the black thing which was in the same condition as him. He kind of yelped when he saw the black dragon. But seeing that he was also restrained, he realised that they were comrades in that dark prison.

Whenever the guards brought some bread to eat for the human and dragon, Cale yet struggled and tried to attack them.
"You fucking motherfuckers! How dare you even lock a child! You all are going to hell! I won't leave anyone of you after I get out of here!" Cale spat on the guards while trying to break the rails/bars of the prison cell.

The black dragon was a bit shocked to hear the human calling him a child. No sane person would call dragon a child. They are the most powerful beings. But then again, he was not able to break free either. So being a child was not that bad. The black dragon was actually slowly and steadily building up power and mana inside him and becoming powerful. He wanted to destroy everything that caused him so much pain. But he had to wait for the right time.