Chapter 1 - Sun Ceremony and Journey to the Capital.

Timeline: After the defeat of the indomitable alliance(after valley of death war) in the Capital, Huiss, Roan Kingdom.

Cale stared at himself in the huge mirror before him. He was wearing a white tunic that reached till his knees. It had gold pattern and design beautifully crafted onto it. He was wearing a lot of jewellery on his body. Those too were of pure gold with diamonds studded into them. He had worn a pair of leather sandals to complete his look. That was it. He was practically half naked, but beautiful. It kinda gave off a vibe of mixture of Greek and Egyptian clothing style.

This all started yesterday when he had arrived in the Capital of Roan Kingdom for celebration of end of war with indomitable alliance and victory of Roan Kingdom. The royal banquet was three days after. Crown Prince Alberu was requesting him to perform the sun ceremony this year as all the priests of the sun temple were pleading him to make commander Cale the representative of sun ceremony.

He fiercely declined the offer at first but then he had to accept as his parents i.e. Deruth was keen on making him do the ritual. Those who have religious parents would understand this. 'You just have to do some things in life whether you like it or not. It's for the family and our pride.'

Cale had to get up early to finish the preparations for the ceremony. By the preparation meaning, his own personal preparations. The servants had done it all. From selecting the scents of the soaps to scrubbing him. He was getting a royal treatment. Not even Alberu had experienced such fancy treatment since his crowning ceremony for becoming the crown prince of the kingdom.

Cale walked through the huge corridors of the sun temple. Servants and soldiers greeted him by bowing 90 degrees. Cale was a bit uncomfortable as he was just wearing the tunic. The gold jewellery though did cover up one fourth of his upper body, it still felt a bit open.

Cale's hair was tied up in a half bun and also adorned with beautiful gems and diamonds that sparkled very brightly against his blood red hair. He had worn an overcoat which was made of luxurious cloth. Until the ceremony, he had decided to cover himself up.

Everyone gathered around the sun temple. The ceremony was going to take place in the open space of the temple's vicinity. Then again, there were video communication devices installed to take the close up view so that they could see better. A good amount of people had already gathered for the ceremony to start. Cale's family and friends were gathered too. A separate stadium/stage/space was built up especially for them. Of course all the people affiliated with Cale were going to get the best seats while enjoying his misery.

Cale looked around and saw how tight the security was. This wasn't a joke. Only people with invitation from the sun temple's high priest were let in and of course Cale's family, friends and colleagues.

Cale first reached the podium where all his friend and family were seated. He had to do a few adjustments and talk to the priest about what and how things were to be done. Cale arrived with the main priest and a head servant (who was Ron obviously) to the destined place. The head priest who was sitting on the throne-like chair got up and greeted him. After few adjustments and the talk about the ritual, Cale also began to anticipate the future processes.

Choi Han, Rosalyn, his kids and his parents first reached out to Cale.
"Cale-nim, you look dazzling." Choi Han said matter-of-factly.
Rosalyn and lock nodded in agreement. Cale gave a small smile of assessment.

"Cale, if you want we can cut some rituals short and make it more bearable." Said Deruth, being oh so supportive parent.
"It seems that the ceremony will at least last an hour maximum." Duchess Violan stated.
Cale assured his parents that it will all go smoothly as the priest has said. He just had to show himself and stay still and nothing else.