Break

The sun shone brightly, casting a warm glow over the surroundings. Trisha pulled her mask up as she strolled towards the gate, embracing the refreshing air. Her eyes lit up as she spotted children playing football in the small playground adjacent to her building. Saturday mornings held a special place in her heart.

Slipping her hands into the pockets of her black jacket, she gazed up at the radiant sky. Her attention was drawn to a group of youngsters riding bicycles, their school uniforms evoking nostalgic memories from her childhood. She let out a wistful sigh as she stepped onto the footpath, making her way towards the entrance of her cherished haven.

The sight of lush green grass, vibrant flowers, towering trees, and a collection of swings brought an immediate smile to her face. She approached the see-saw and settled onto one side, her brown shoes almost blending with the earthy hues of the ground.

Taking in a few deep breaths, Trisha's gaze caught a familiar face. A smile formed on her lips as she glanced up at the radiant sky. "I hope you find the strength, Kinshuk," she whispered to herself, rising from the see-saw and finding an unoccupied swing to occupy.

~~~~~~

"This is your grand plan?" Rahil remarked, placing his coffee mug back on the floor. Vivaan closed his wardrobe and settled onto the bed.

"Dude, it's worth a shot," Vivaan defended, taking a seat beside Rahil.

Rahil nodded, surveying the room with its freshly arranged furniture and newly painted walls. His gaze fell upon the study lamp, the double bed adorned with four white pillows, the trendy carpet he sat upon, the wooden study table, and the bookshelf.

"Why would Aunt make you a bookshelf?" Rahil pondered aloud, rising to his feet. Vivaan smiled and scratched his neck as Rahil pulled a magazine from the shelf. "Forbes 30 under 30."

Scanning the bookshelf, Rahil discovered video games and CDs. His attention was then captured by a torn drawing book. "Drawings?" Rahil exclaimed, flipping through the pages to reveal numerous depictions of nature scenes and cozy cottages.

"No way," Rahil muttered, glancing at Vivaan, who wore a bashful smile and averted his gaze to the ground.

"Does Avni know about this?" Rahil inquired, turning the pages to examine more drawings.

"No," Vivaan replied, watching as Rahil placed the book back on the shelf. "You've kept her kindergarten drawing book? Do you have a thing for her?"

Vivaan ruffled his short, well-groomed hair, his fingers sliding through the strands. "I hope that one day she'll understand and accept my love."

"She will," reassured Rahil, placing a supportive hand on his friend's shoulder. "I'm here for you, brother, cheering you on."

"By the way," Vivaan interjected, rising from his seat. "Joining her fan club might be a good idea," he suggested, pulling open the curtains and allowing the sunlight to fill the room.

"Her fans don't really know much about her," Rahil disclosed, settling onto the bed. "She only responds when they need help or when they're going through a tough time. You know what I mean."

Vivaan raised an eyebrow and sat down beside his friend, grabbing one of the many pillows.

"She's also involved with a club that supports individuals battling depression. It's called 'Peace for All'."

"You're a doctor," Vivaan pointed out. "Take advantage of that. Offer your assistance, tell them you want to help. Use that connection to get closer to her."