Follower or Stalker

Soft daylight filters through the rain-drenched windows, casting a muted glow across the cozy bedroom. The room is adorned with posters of bands, an assortment of books scattered across the desk, and shelves filled with knick-knacks.

In the corner of the room, Rahil, around 28 years old, sat on a beanbag, cradling a steaming cup of coffee in his hands. Seated on the bed beside him is his best friend, Vivaan, almost as tall, with an infectious smile.

The sound of rain pattering against the windowpane filled the room, creating a soothing backdrop for their conversation. Rahil took a sip from his coffee, savouring the warmth that seeped into his hands. He glanced out the window, observing the world outside.

The weather is unmistakably that of the rainy season. Dark clouds loom overhead, creating a canopy that blankets the city. The rain falls in a gentle rhythm, cascading down the windowpane in streaks, blurring the view of the outside world. Puddles form on the streets, reflecting the grey sky above. The air outside smells fresh, carrying with it the earthy aroma of wet grass and the promise of new beginnings.

Rahil turns his attention back to Vivaan, a grin playing on his lips.

Rahil (looking at Vivaan) said, "You know, there's something magical about this weather. It's like the world is taking a pause, giving us a moment to slow down and appreciate the simple joys."

Vivaan nods, his eyes glistening with understanding. "Of course, buddy. Now that you've got a way to your Lekha, everything is better, from the sky to every damn thing under it."

"I don't know about a way," said Rahil and placed his coffee mug on the small table between the bean bag and bed. "I'll be there at Kanika's studio as a staff member when her manager comes there. She won't be coming."

"Have you thought of what to do after that?" quizzed Vivaan and crossed his arms.

"As far as I know," began Rahil, "her manager does not hide her identity. She does not wear a veil like Lekha does. Once I get to know her manager, I'll get to know Lekha too."

"Okay," agreed Vivaan. "Tell me if you need help getting some info."

They clink their coffee mugs together, their laughter mingling with the sound of raindrops. 

~~~~~~~~~

A week later

A sleek black Audi cruises along a scenic countryside road under the warm sun. Inside the car are two best friends, Lekha and her manager Nimrita (who did not have a fake name).

Nimrita taps the steering wheel, humming along to the radio as they drive through lush greenery and rolling hills. Trisha glances at her best friend with a playful grin.

"How I love doing this!" commented Nimrita as she took a left turn at a signal. "What?" questioned Trisha. "Driving?"

"No, silly," answered Nimrita. "Being Lekha's manager. I drive because my Boss happens to be a passenger princess."

"I'm not your Boss," said Trisha and leaned against the windows, glancing at Nimrita.

"I do too, like being Lekha," she added. "Let's enjoy this till it lasts."

"Are you sure you don't want to come inside and say hello to Kanika?" asked Nimrita as she neared a small studio at the end of a narrow road.

"I would love to," said Trisha and peeped outside putting on her mask. "But I'll pass."

"I'll be right back then," said Nimrita, putting on her sunglasses and getting out of the car.

At the end of a narrow, cobblestone road sits a charming small studio, nestled among quaint buildings with ivy-clad walls. A wooden sign sways gently in the breeze, bearing the words "Swarnaa - Fine Jewellery Studio" painted in elegant gold lettering. The studio's exterior exudes a rustic charm, with potted flowers adorning the windowsills and soft lights twinkling from within.