Chorizo

~GABRIELLA POV~

All of the excitement left us as we stared at the horribly made De la Cruz dummy.

"He does a couple of songs," Frida said. "The sun rises, everyone cheers—"

"Uh, excuse me," Miguel said timidly. "Where's the real De la Crus?"

Frida made a face. "Ernesto doesn't do rehearsals. He's to busy hosting that party at the top of his tower."

We looked at the window, towards the big building she was pointing to. It had bright lights coming out of it, and loud music.

I heard someone run in and saw Hector.

"Chamoco you can't run off like that." He scolded. "Come on, stop pestering the celebrities."

He shooed is out of the room, and Miguel turned to glare at him.

"You said my great-great grandpa would be here! He's halfway across town throwing some big party!"

Hector scoffed. "That bum. Who doesn't show up to his own rehearsal?"

"If you're such good friends why didn't he invite you?" Camilo asked.

"He's his great-great grandson, home come he wasn't invited?" The skeleton asked pointing Miguel.

I rolled my eyes and Hector turned towards the table of people.

"Hey, Gustavo! You know anything about this party?"

One skeleton turned and scoffed when he saw who it was. "It's the hot ticket, but if you're not on the guest list, you're never getting in, chorizo."

The other occupants at the table turned and burst out laughing.

"By! It chorizo!" One of the musicians shouted, causing everyone to laugh.

"A-ha." Hector said dryly. "Very funny guys. Very funny."

I looked up at him confused. "Chorizo?"

"Oh, you know this guys famous! Go on, go on, ask him how he died!"

"I-I don't want to talk about it."

"He chocked in some chorizo!"

With that, the table of musicians burst out laughing. Hector grit his teeth as Camilo and Miguel laughed quietly.

"I didn't spoke okay? I got food poisoning, which is a big difference!"

Despite that, they kept laughing.

"This is why I don't like musicians. A bunch of self-important jerks."

Miguel looked at him offended. "Hey, I'm a musician!"

"You are?" Hector, Camilo and I all asked together.

"Well if you really want to get to Ernesto there is a music competitions the Plaza De La Cruz. Winner gets to play at his party."

Miguel suddenly got a look on his face and Hector shook his head. "No, no. Chamaco. You are loco if you think—"

"I need to get my great-great grandfathers blessing! You know we here I can get a guitar?"

Hector sighed as he looked between the three of us.

"I know a guy."