𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚜𝚎

As I got closer to the cabin, I got a weird feeling in the pit my stomach when I saw the door left wide open

As I got closer to the cabin, I got a weird feeling in the pit my stomach when I saw the door left wide open. I definitely was not the one that did that. One of Dad's rules of living out here was that we never left the door open.

"Shit," I whispered as I began to walk faster. My pace quickened to a run until I was sprinting into the Cabin. I yelled out her name as I ran. "El?"

"EL!"

"El, this really isn't funny!" I yelled as I walked around the cabin, looking for any sign of her. Our bedroom was empty. The bathroom was empty. The living room was empty. No one was here. I went back into our bedroom to see her blindfold on the bed meaning she couldn't have left that long ago. "El!"

I ran over to the phone and dialed the number for Dad's office at work. When the phone was picked up, I heard Flo, the receptionist's voice pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Flo?" I ask, trying to keep my voice calm. "Um, can I talk to my Dad, please?"

"Jo? Oh, I'm sorry, dear. He's out right now, but I can take a message if you would like,"

"That's okay. Please just tell him that I called and to call me back as soon as he can,"

"Alright, I will," she said calmly.

"Thanks Flo,"

"Bye," I hang up the phone, unsure of what to do. I run out of the cabin again and looked around for her. It had only been around fifteen minutes since I had left on my walk. She couldn't have gone far.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

I was very wrong. I had been walking around the town for around an hour. My legs were sore and I felt like they were going to give out, so I surrendered and began walking back home. Waiting for her there would be the smartest decision for everyone until Dad got home. Another hour later, I heard a hard knock on the door which I jumped up to open.

"Where the hell is she?"

"I don't know,"

"How could you not know?"

"I don't know! I went on a walk for like, fifteen minutes and when I got back the door was wide open and she was gone,"

"Jo, you should've been watching her,"

"This is my fault? How was I supposed to know she was gonna run away? I mean, you never even called me back! How did you know she was gone?"

"I got a call from a mother who said she saw her. She saw her using her powers,"

"Really?" He nodded his dead slowly. "Shit."

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Another few hours passed and Dad sat on the front porch when he saw El walking back into the house. I stood up off of my seat on the couch as she walked into the room, blowing off Dad and trying to get into our bedroom.