Additional Help

In addition to putting on the full armor of God, here are 2 devices that will help you get through spiritual warfare:

1. worship

2. prayer 

worship

Before I got saved, I was going through some of the worst spiritual warfare ever. It felt like the more I was pursuing God, the worse my life was becoming. At the time, I didn't know anything about combating the enemy or putting on the full armor of God. All I knew was Gospel music made me feel better. In the midst of my battle, one of the things I did consistently was listen to "Turning Around for Me" by VaShawn Mitchell. Every time I would get discouraged, I would listen to this song. 

In the Bible it says "Death and Life are in the power of the tongue" (Proverbs 18:21). I didn't know it at the time, but while I was singing that song, I was speaking life over myself. I was claiming that things would turn around for me and they did. When going through spiritual warfare, pick a song that fits your situation and sing it when you are feeling discouraged. 

prayer

This resource is one of the most important (and probably the reason that you read this book lol). When it comes to prayer against spiritual warfare, you have to recognize what spirit you are up against. Knowing your enemy & learning scripture to combat this enemy will ensure you the victory. For example, let's say that God has given you the promise that you will be a speaker for him on Instagram. Because the Devil wants to keep you stagnant, he assigns the spirit of fear to you. Your prayer should be something like this:

"Heavenly Father, 

I bind and rebuke the spirit of fear right now in Jesus' name. Father, I know that you said in your word that you have not given me the spirit of fear but of love, power, and a sound mind. So, I pray that fear will be cast back down to hell where it came from and you will replace it with your confidence and boldness. 

In Jesus name I pray, Amen."

It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but you should bind and rebuke the spirit by praying scripture that is contradictory to that specific spirit. 

Yes, the prayer will change things for that moment, but, the devil is very determined and persistent. He will continue trying to attach this spirit to you. Along with your prayer, you have to actively decide not to allow this spirit a place in your life. So when any fear filled thoughts arise, you have to cast them back down immediately [by reciting scripture, praying, or worshipping].

If you're not sure what to pray, speak in tongues, call a trusted pastor/older person in faith, or listen to prayers on youtube (I recommend Cindy Trimm, Stephen Darby, or Daily Effective Prayers).

Next, I'll link some videos that explain this topic waaaaayyyy more in depth.