100 Princesses

This is the introduction of a book I might write later on. It tells the stories of 100 sisters and half-sisters in a world where the love of a man is the most powerful thing of their society.

Love. Love is important, the most important thing ever. A man's love is the most powerful tool of society. It could sway everything in their grasp. That's what is said. That's what is taught to young children. You should submit to a man's love. Is taught to young girls. You should follow your heart. Is taught to young boys. This is the way of this world. The way of my world. Or at least, it was the way of the world, back when I was a little girl, until quite recently.

I'm the third princess of the most powerful kingdom of this planet. Or at least I was, I'm not sure what I am anymore... You might think that, since I was a princess, I'm privileged and don't have to follow those rules, but it's not the case. Even the richest princess has to follow the love of men. So I have to follow it just as well. The only thing that makes me privileged is the fact that I'm loved by my father. A father's love rules over all the others in a woman's life. It is the father who decides if the love of a man is enough for his daughter. If your father loves you, he won't give you to the first lover to come. And my father does love me immensely. As I'm privileged in that way, I feel the need to tell the stories of my sisters and half-sister. Some of them were lucky, others, not so much.

I have the possibility to do so as I got the chance to know all of my sisters and stayed in touch until their stories ended. I outlived all of them, and I'm now the only person who can tell the stories of their lives. Their lives deserve to be told, and I'm the only one who can do so. So here I am, telling the world of the lives of those girls and women.