The Secret Organization of the Shadow Knights

In a world ruled by Chaos and demons, humans started to gather in groups to fight against evil. That's how a lot of knights organizations have been formed. With time, two factions among them became the strongest above all others. The first, is known by all. They are the Glorious Knights of the Light. All humans dream at least once to join them. However, their training is so extreme that most of them leave within their first month. A lot of people abandoned their dream of becoming a knight altogether because of that. On the other hand, the second one is not well known. They're called the Secret Organization of the Shadow Knights. Not a lot of people know of their existence and the ones who do are either members of the organization or think it is just a normal chivalric order like many others. Which is entirely false. We may even wonder which one of those two factions is really the strongest.

The SOS* (secret organization of the shadow) knights had many secrets and there were good reasons why they wanted to stay in the shadows. Mainly because this faction wasn't a human-only one. In this world, there are three big categories of 'intelligent beings'; the demons, the spirits and the humans. The demons are said to be purely evil spirits. The spirits are the humanoid beings that often have magic powers (not always) and have odd characteristics (wings, pointy ears, blue skin, etc.). The humans are the ones who, most of them, have no power and nothing that could be linked to another species. Due to the high partiality of most of the knights of light, those factions often do not accept spirits to join them. The GKL (Glorious Knights of the Light) is one of the knights organizations with the most prejudice against non-humans, so they wouldn't even let spirits think about joining them. That is also one of their biggest weaknesses. Since they do not let spirits in, they are limited in how strong they can become. On the other hand, the knights of the shadow (like the SOS) can't grow fast, but there isn't any limit on how big and powerful they can become. That's why, even though the SOS and the GKL groups might be of an equal strength for now, they won't stay that way for too long. Although, not a lot of people realize it.

Most of the humankind is ruled by prejudices and their judgment which is often partial. Some of them are open-minded enough to not only join hands and help the spirits, but also consider them as equals and friends. And there are the ones who are quite mysterious and difficult to grasp, people who are on an unknown side. It's difficult to say how they consider the spirits and how they'll react to them. The one known as "Hoodisee'' or "the hooded one" is in this third group. Though, he might not even be a human. No one knows that much about him. As a matter of fact, we don't even know if it is a man, a woman or something else, as some spirits have more than two genders and some others don't have any. That's why most people call the hooded one with random pronouns or automatically assume they're a man and use he\him pronouns. For the sake of clarity and mystery, they/them pronouns will be used until their gender is revealed. Hoodisee is known for being seen in all kinds of places where they shouldn't be. Battlefields, temples, top secret emplacements and all kinds of hidden places. Although, they never got involved with anything, always avoiding fights and dangerous situations. The only thing we know about Hoodisee is that they always wear a black hooded cloak with a red emblem on the back. Some might think that they are, in reality, multiple people wearing the same cloak. A group with a red emblem. Maybe was it a family crest of some sort. Unknown by all, rumors about the hooded one spread like wildfire once they were seen for the first few times. Mystery always surrounded them and their intentions were unknown.

The SOS knights, being a secret organization, isn't that easy to infiltrate or even being recruited for. Only a few high ranked members can approve the entry of new recruits through a top secret entry test. In reality, the only thing you need to do to grab the attention of one of them is through a true selfless deed. It isn't well known that this is the real entry test, even though many speculate it, but people don't really mind. Afterwards, there's a series of tests meant to see if the new recruit is fit to be a knight. If you fail one, you won't be a knight, but you might still become a member of the organizations if you want to. It's an autonomous and self-sufficient group with doctors, teachers and all kinds of other people. They could be a perfectly functional society, but they don't want to be considered like one. 'The secret society of the shadow' isn't quite what they want. To continue with the entry tests, the first one disqualifies most of the newcomers as 'future knights'. But, let's not go ahead of ourselves. It wouldn't be fun spoil anything... yet. Everything will be discovered when the time comes.

*It wasn't my intention that the initials of the secret organisation of the shadow would be spelled SOS. But I don't hate it, so I'll keep it that way. It's still better than SSS (The secret society of the shadow) and any other name would be too long or too short for them. It's perfect! Let's keep it that way.