01

"There's no friends like the old friends."
- James Joyce

"I wanted to ask if you'd want to have a movie night again, like old times

"I wanted to ask if you'd want to have a movie night again, like old times. If you can."

The smell of rain injected me with a peaceful sense of serotonin

My body laid limp and un-tense in my bed, my blankets pulled down to my knees embracing a cool breeze from my open window. The only time I bother to move is to look up at the view and watch the sun slowly move up and naturally my chest continue to rise and fall. There was a calming ambience made by the rain and birds chirping. It was Saturday, which meant I had no work and no school. I sighed gratefully, allowing my mind to drift back into nothingness. Hours passed, and my eyes began to retreat from the bright sun and hide away into my pillow, falling back asleep.

I sigh-groaned feeling the heat of the sun I was once adoring back-stab my eyes. I took that as a sign to just get up and so I threw my body out of my bed and slobbishly dragged myself to my dresser picking out a simple band shirt and jeans fit, layering it with a leather jacket and belt. I slipped on my socks and shoes taking my time with each material. My body rose slowly checking behind me toward the clock for the time. 3:30 pm. Dammit. I walked out of my room grabbing my keys and as soon as I was in the living room I was out and into the open, and bright, world I live in. Locking the door behind me I jogged up to my car driving over to fresh brews, a café nearby.

Eventually, after getting out of the car, ordering and such I was now enjoying my usual Saturday "morning" coffee and cinnamon bun. Today I had to meet up with Eddie Munson to get some stuff in about an hour. I finished up my breakfast and paid.

Walking out I stretched back continued with a yawn as I grabbed my keys from my front pocket. My fingers held onto the key as I turned it into the slot and pulled it out before sliding into the front seat. I did the same to the slot by the wheel and started up my car. Music drifted into my ears as I played the radio I went into my everyday realization of how fucking boring my life is. I moved into reverse. Work, eat, sleep. I went back out of reverse and pressed the gas paddle. Even before when I was in school my life was the same. I began to drive. School, eat, sleep, maybe study. I worked hard so I can be more successful, and I am successful. I did what I wanted to do. I'm working at some shitty guitar store and going to university. But I've never had a life and many friends. I'm literally just some touch starved success freak. I would drop out and run my own bakery and make baked goods all day but, I'd still be lonely. With more time to myself. If I actually had people to talk to I would definitely love that kinda simple life. My thoughts were interrupted as I noticed the rather tall play-set ahead and took a turn to park. I slammed the door and counted my bucks. Looking around for the man known as Eddie Munson, also known as the dude who has been held back twice. I chuckled at my own thoughts.

Brown curls and bushy hair could be seen poking out beside the tree, I walked down a bit to peek at the person sitting at the park table and it was in fact Eddie. I walked up to the table and knocked softly on the metal to catch his attention before sliding onto the bench in front of him. Eddie's head peeked up swiftly at the sound, his hair bounced in sync. "Oh!— Hey M/N." "Heya Munson, sorry if I scared ya." A corner of my mouth quirked up giving him a condescending smirk. Eddie rolled his eyes playfully. "No you didn't." He spoke exaggeratedly as he clicked open his lunchbox. "The usual?" Eddie asked, holding a baggie of special k and weed. I nodded and reached into my pocket revealing to him the payment in which he only took 20 bucks from the original payment of $80. "Eddie, you can take the whole pay." He shrugged. "Well you're in college and stuff soo.." Eddie always tried to cut short the price, which if I said I hated or disliked I'd be lying but I always felt bad. "Still-" My sentence was cut short. "Nope, don't even try sweetheart. Plus I need to uh.. ask something of you." I looked at him in curiosity. "Munson?" I gave him the floor to speak. "You remember how we were friends, back in senior year? And you could say we still are but it's not the saame." I nodded. "And well.." he continued nervously, closing his lunchbox and sitting it beside him. "I wanted to ask if you'd want to have a movie night again, like old times. If you can."

Clips of memories played through my mind leaving me subconsciously smiling. "I'd love to." Eddie's once nervous face lit up at me. "Really? When? What time?" I laughed at his questionnaire. "What do you mean 'really?' " "Well I just can't believe the nerd, M/N would come hang with me, Eddie, the freak instead of studying or something." "Oh very funny munson." ...And from there we began to plan.