part 1, 1408

(this story is like a pov from the movie 1408 and i take no rights to the film) (Story includes photos from the actual movie to help reader visualize where they are at and what they are seeing in the story.)

( june 22, 1999)

After getting off a call with the Dolphin Hotel owner, you're annoyed because your request for room 1408 was turned down.

You decide to take matters into your own hands and go down to the hotel yourself, and see if anyone else, would assist your needs. You pack up all your belongings including a computer, a journal, and a audio recorder. You pack everything into a bag and head down the stairs of your apartment.

You head out to your car and throw your bag of belongings onto the passenger seat. You hop into the car and adjust yourself before you slam the car door. you turn through the radio dile trying to find a song that you like.

After a 30 minute drive, you finally pull up to the dolphin hotel and look for a parking space. after you park your car, you swipe your bag from the passenger seat and get out. You inspect your surroundings and realize how old the outside of the hotel looks. "No wonder people call this place haunted," you think to yourself as you walk up to the main entrance.

You slowly open the door and hear a slight "screeeetch". You sqwint your eyes as you adjust to the brightness of the hotel. Once you are able to see again, you look around at the off colored tanish wall paper and the bright burgundy furniture. You get a unpleasant feeling, but shake it off since its just a hotel. After you walk in, the place is more crowded then you thought it would be. You begin to walk up to the lady at the desk.

"Welcome to the dolphin sir, would you like to check in?"

"Mike Enslin, one night." You tell the lady. "Annnd how are we spelling that today? E n s l i n?" The lady questions. "yeah.." you say in a annoyed voice. You have somewhere to be and you dont have time to spell out such a simple last name. You see the lady type in letters and a slight look of worry comes apon her face. she looks back up at you with a quick smile. "uhm, would you excuse me for a moment sir?"
"sure."
The lady walks away and you begin to wander around the hotel.

You look back over to see the desk lady walk over to a man in a suit and she begins talking to him. you cant make out what they are saying, but you know it's about you since the man kept glancing over at you.

The lady walks away from the man and goes back to the desk. "It'll be just a moment, Mr. Enslin." You nod your head and continue looking around. You see a woman in a pretty white dress with a crying baby in its cradle.

"Good evening sir. Could i help you with your bags?" You turn around and notice that the man who is talking to you got awfully close. "No." you say as you take a step back. The man gave you a confused look and tilted his head. "alright." He says before walking away.

That was weird.

"Mr. Enslin" you jolt your head to see a black man in a black and white suit who you assume to be the manger walking up to you.

"Jarold Ollen, im the manager of the dolphin. If there is anything i can do for you while your here, uh, dinner reservations, theater tickets, maybe a nexs game! Just tell me and i am at your service." "Welp, if i could just get the key to 1408, then i would be out of your hair." You tell the manager clearly annoyed.

"Why are all these people coming up to me?" You wonder to yourself.

"Uh We were thinking of upgrading you to a pent house." The manager tells you.

"1408. please." you insist.

"Insisted. could you humor me and come into my office for a more, private conversation?" The manger asks.

"Sure."

The manger nods his head and walks off while you follow him.