Chapter Seven

Avery's Point of View.

"Really?" I said hopefully, thinking that she would take it back if I showed too much excitement.

"Yea, sure," she said, once again, nonchalant.

"This is great!" I shout-whispered, remembering the situation we were in. We had to get out of here once it all died down.

+++

Once the commotion had dwindled down and nobody had searched the tent, I decided to peek my head out of the small opening the quickly scan the remaining area.

"Let's go, I know a place where we'll be safe," I said, taking her arm and practically dragging her out with protest.

We both quickly dashed towards the nearest shady spot and then to the next. This continuous pattern let us reach the side of the hotel where there laid palm trees and thick grass. We should be safe here for now.

"So what's your plan, Avery? We can't keep hiding forever, you know."

"Sometimes it takes 2 heads to think up on great idea," I said, scanning the area around us to make sure there were no lurking police cars.

"I guess you're right. Oh! David! I met a nice guy named David on a plane to the Bahama's, but if he had just murdered someone, why fly back?"

"You coincidentally met a guy named David on your ride to the Bahama's and you choose to tell me this information now!?" I whispered harshly, shoving her roughly.

"Well I didn't think it would be important considering he was flying towards the only place he'd want to escape from," she huffed, crossing her arms.

Deciding to ignore her bluntness, I asked for a description instead.

"Can you describe him in the most detail possible?"

"He had black hair, emerald green eyes, olive skin-" she continued, soon finding herself in a daze of her own imagination. Was David really that good looking that every girl he met fell at his feet? Besides me of course, that was an understanding.

"OK, then this is exactly who we're after. He was the guy that murdered Felix, -and if he was on the same exact plane as you and got off at the same spot as you, then that means he is in the area," I discovered.

Ella's face showed horror as she realized she had talked to a murderer, if that's what you'd call it. I'm not sure they have an official name for 'murder by food' yet.

"Then what are we going to do? How are we going to find this guy?"

"I don't know. But whatever we do in the process, we have to stay hidden and unnoticed."

Ella's Point of View.

As we walked into the thrift shop, I searched around for any officers while Avery made a beeline for the costumes.

Following her quickly in pursuit we were finally in talking distance. She turned around, a mustache held up to her lips.

"Ehem, no. We're trying to find a disguise, not make a fool of ourselves," I huffed, crossing my arms.

She sighed as she took out about 4 wigs and pairs of sunglasses. She sent me a bright smile before zooming into the changing rooms.

+++

I smoothed down the raven colored wig that kept my strawberry blonde hair in place beneath it, and smoothed down my ridiculous looking floral print dress. Who would even want to spend money on this?