Chapter Six

Ella's Point of View.

Fear.

Fear was all I felt as I heard the rumble of heavy footsteps coming towards my way. I was anxious, and wanted this all to be over already.

I'm not completely sure what started this entire mess, maybe stepping into the elevator was it? Oh well, I guess I'll have to get out one way or another.

"C'mon, Ella, they're coming, quick," I heard Avery say between shortened breath. She herself seemed a bit nervous as well. Maybe this was a sign to stay in the hotel and not risk my life.

Don't jump.

This was all I heard, over and over again, and couldn't decide whether or not it was the apparition or my own self conscious.

As the doors flew open, the feeling of being overwhelmed finally spilled over the top of my already full cup, and as I grabbed Avery's hand as in support, I jumped out of the window, not really sure where I was going.

Right when my feet started to glide with the air, I could hear the gasps of dismay and shock as I quickly searched with my eyes for a place to land.

Dammit! You should've thought over this plan before jumping for it.

If I had the courage to open my mouth while the gravity pulled me towards the ground, I would've said something in defense. I would say, 'Shut up' or, 'You're not the boss of me'. But all I could do was keep silent as I closed my eyes and braced myself for impact.

Avery's Point of View.

What the hell!?

I thought I was the crazy chick here! Grabbing my damn hand and jumping out of the window!? For sure, we were going to land gracefully on a cloud of puffy seat cushions.

Or, hit rock hard bottom on the concrete beside the pool.

My eyes widened as I saw where we were headed, and within seconds, my body was en-caved in a cold, soothing cocoon.

Thank the heavens, we landed in a pool.

Before I could register that I just survived a 15-story foot tall fall, my brain decided to worry about my breath and the safety of others.

One being the person who brought me into the mess. Then again, it's kind of payback.

I kicked off the ground of the pool, my arms now clung tightly to Ella's shoulders as we broke the surface of the water. I could faintly here the sound of sirens, police, ambulance, fire truck, all getting louder and louder by the second.

As quickly as I could've, I waded to the edge of the pool and decided to push Ella onto the concrete first. I then pushed myself up, still filled with adrenaline. Without caring to look around for nearby strangers, I started to pull a still-in-shock Ella to the side out of sight from anyone and laid her up into sitting position. 

Within seconds, which felt like hours, she started to cough and choke, water spewing from her mouth in violent amounts. 

I clapped her back hard while still trying to stay quiet. 

After a few minutes of sitting in silence, she decided to speak up. 

Ella's Point of View.

"Guess I'm the meek one, yea?" I quietly chuckled, still wiping the excess water from my mouth.

Avery just sat beside me, silently shaking her head in agreement.

In our safe spot which laid in a tent, we could see the commotion unfolding outside of the small crevice that provided light to the tent.

"I'm sure we'll, or maybe me specifically, will be on 'The Bahama's Most Wanted List'," she joked, attempting to get comfortable in her freezing cold clothing.

"Maybe," was all I could respond.

We had to get out of here. I'm not sure I'd want to turn myself in. Then again, I could just go and say she was crazy and kidnapped me and tried to fool me into thinking someone else committed the murder.

"I know what you're thinking, Ella. To turn yourself in. Convict me of kidnapping you. Well, I have a deal for you. Help me find the killer, and I'll turn myself in and completely cover your side no shortcuts."

Not trying to show my shock and her well educated guess, I tried to act nonchalant with my response.

"-And why should I help you anyway?"

"Because, the feeling of knowing you can get justice on a person who has done so wrong is a very strong feeling, not like you would know, but, I'm sure you get the taste of it."

I sat in silence, thinking of a response but couldn't find it.

Help her, Ella. You 2 are my only hope.

There's the voice again, clear as day!

Ok, what the hell do you mean hope? Why can't you just tell me who your killer is, Felix?

That is because I don't know! When I ate the taco, I wasn't even sure who delivered it!

The taco! That's it!

"Avery, who delivered the taco to your room the day you found Felix dead?"

"D-David," she said, teeth chattering as she tried to hold her body temperature. "El, if we don't get out of here soon I think I might-"

As the realization hit her, her eyes that were usually of jade green turned into a mucky, almost black like complexion.

"David." she repeated through her teeth, the anger seeping dangerously from her voice. I almost wanted to run and hide, but I knew I couldn't. 

If one thing ever got a person this upset, I only knew of my only option. Which was to help. 

"Fine." 

Sorry for an extremely short update but this acts as a filler because I couldn't leave you guys hanging! Thanks for reading and the next chapter will come as soon as possible!