𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵

The rain. It was the only thing to be heard on top of the roof as the bullied boy waited for his tormentors to do what they were going to do. Waiting was the worst kind of torture he could ever receive. Jinsu had a hunch of why he was here. He suspected why he was getting punished once more. 

“Give me your hand.” Son Myeonghwan told him. With a shaky arm, Jinsu outstretched it to his bully. Well, one of his bullies. Myeonghwan grabbed it and pulled the sleeve down to show slit marks. “Did you cut it? You tried to kill yourself, huh? I heard you named me in your suicide note. You said you can’t go on because of me.” 

“I…I… I’m sorry.” Jinsu stammered. 

The only female of the group, Kim Hyeonju, scoffed from underneath her black umbrella. “What a disrespectful loser.” 

Her comment was discarded as Myeonghwan yanked the quivering boy’s hair. “You motherfucker. If you transfer afterwards, how does that make me look? Have I ever fucking hit you, huh?” 

“No. Never.” Jinsu said as his lip trembled in terror. 

“No, right? That’s right.” Myeonghwan scoffed. “The angel isn’t here to save you anymore.” He turned to the tall boy that stood to the side of him. “He’s all yours.” 

The lanky boy known as Yoon Gwinam ― also known as the bullies’ gopher ― handed the umbrella in his hand to Myeonghwan. From there, Gwinam became hitting, shoving, and smacking the boy around. He pushed the boy into the wall that had a metal shelf. The frail boy pleaded with him to stop. 

Jinsu gripped a metal pipe in his hand. And lashed out. “Just fucking stop!” Jinsu tried to smack Gwinam with it a few times. 

Unfortunately, the lanky boy was also quite fast and could dodge the onslaughts. Up to where he tossed the metal pipe out of Jinsu’s hand and continued his own onslaughts on the boy with hitting, shoving, smacking, and kicking him. Jinsu gulped on the ground as he just felt pain. Gwinam kept yelling at him and kicking at the water on the ground from the rain. 

“Hey, you splash me!” Hyeonju whined as she moved to stand by their other friend, Park Changhoon. 

Metal clanked on the roof as Gwinam kicked the metal pipe. “Are you out of your fucking mind, man?” 

Gwinam punched Jinsu in the face and yanked on his hair before kicking his feet out from under him. Gwinam kicked the boy in his stomach repeatedly. All the while cursing him out. Jinsu gripped his head as he whimpered. Gwinam stepped on Jinsu’s arm and the bones creaked. Jinsu groaned. 

Gwinam put his foot on his face. Jinsu’s bones continued to creak as his eyes went red. No one on the roof seemed to notice as he kicked Gwinam’s shoe off of him. Jinsu snarled as Changhoon kicked him down, telling his friends they were done and they should go. Unfortunately, they would not leave quite yet. 

For the boy was turning into the monster his father had inadvertently created. 

Jinsu lunged at Myeonghwan, who used the umbrella in his hand (that was already folded in) to smack at Jinsu, whose jaw kept clamping shut to get a bite. Gwinam tossed him off of him before shoving the zombified boy away from them. Hyeonju told them to cut it out as she moved out of the way of the boy who wanted to fight his two assaulters and the gopher. 

Jinsu lunged for Gwinam, who tossed him over the side of the building. He hit the sign and fell to the ground. It was a long fall down. No one could have survived that. The four teenagers thought little of it as they left in a hurry. Not wanting to be a part of this if it became a murder case. Thunder cracked overhead as the boy’s impact hit the street.