ONE

March 26th, 1995

I woke up to Eric's legs intertwined with mine. The bed was unfamiliar and plush beneath my body. Seagulls gawked over the sky and echoed their calls through the room that was hard to make out. I rubbed the cold from my eyes and blinked a couple of times, taking in the hotel room that we were staying in.

The door leading to the patio was left cracked as the sheer curtain blew against the warm wind. The waves crashing created a serene aura over the room. I closed my eyes, taking in the sounds of nature. Eric's snoring was soft and something I didn't want to interrupt. Looking over at his head that was wrapped in a silk scarf, I gently reached over him with my left hand to rub his back. I looked down at my left hand and noticed a large round cut solitaire ring on my left hand and a gold wedding band beneath it.

How could I forget? I asked myself silently. I was waking up on the first official day of our honeymoon. Smiling to myself, I gently traced his name along his back with the tip of my acrylic nails. "E" I whispered to myself. "R" I continued, placing soft kisses along his skin. "I" I trailed along the small of his back. "C" is what caused him to shift in his sleep. His snoring ceased and his head turned towards me. "What you doing, woman?" He mumbled groggily. His voice was raspy and deep in the morning but it was something I could never get over. "Oh, nothing. I didn't mean to wake you up." I said as I continued kissing his bare back. "You trying to start shit early, huh?" He laughed.

Eric flipped over on his back and stared at the ceiling fan that was running circles above our bed. He took a deep breath sarcastically as if he was waiting for me to initiate something. I climbed over the heap of white sheet and comforter and straddled his waist with my thighs. His huge palms secured my hips without delay. I studied his full lips before making eye contact with my husband, who seemed to be hungry for more than just breakfast.

I placed my hands firmly against his chest before leaning in for a soft kiss. Our lips met briefly before pulling away from him. "Good morning, Mr. Wright." I whisper. "Mmm, good morning Mrs. Wright." His hands grip my ass before he smacks my right cheek, causing me to nervously squeal. "Eric!"

"I put that ass to sleep last night, huh? Look at you." Eric grinned mischievously, showing off his dimples and bright teeth. I gently tug at the hairs on his chin before planting soft kisses along his jawline. "Mhm. Now I'm trying to wake your ass up." I challenged him. Eric wasn't having it. He was always the man in control and didn't like being bossed around. He didn't mind me taking the lead, but he would always want to finish the job. And I didn't mind letting him.

"Is that right, baby?" Eric asked, licking his lips. I leaned in to kiss him again. The kiss grew deeper and more passionate. Our tongues had become acquainted once again after yesterday's love session. Our passion was cut short as soon as we heard knocking on our room's door. "Who is it?" Eric yelled out before moving me from atop of him and grabbing his robe from the hotel room floor. "Room service for the Wright's!"

Eric tied the silk robe around his waist and opened the door. The bellboy rolled in a cart with a fully prepared breakfast. "Our hotel staff wanted to congratulate Eazy-E and his wife on their marriage. We appreciate you for staying here with us and to give our thanks, we wanted to serve you both a complimentary breakfast on us! Here, we have prepared Belgium waffles, fluffy scrambled eggs, French toast, turkey sausage and an assortment of freshly washed and cut fruits. And to quench your thirst, we have orange juice mimosas."

The bellboy pulled out two wooden chairs in front of the dining room table centered in the middle of our presidential suite. I sat down across from Eric as the bellboy pushed my chair in. I thanked him kindly and widened my eyes to the platter that lay before us.