Chapter 5| Alameen 💔💔

...

Amongst the 'sassy six', Sandra's birthday comes first, which will be on the fifth of October which is on Thursday, but the birthday party will hold on the seventh which is on Saturday at the Pearl beach, a couple of miles away from my house but I'll have to make it anyways. I hope Lila stops poke nosing into my life before then. And stupid Levi too, I hope to never see him again.

Sandra says she's planned everything perfectly, her party theme was Hawaii, with grass skirts for everyone.

There's going to be a Tiki bar to get drinks and we're gonna hula!, She told us.

According to the invitation card she gave us all this morning at school, well, all except Chidinma. Chidinma had ones bullied Sandra for having to use a  wheelchair so bad that Sandra had wanted to die, Chi called her faulty legs openly. Of course the sassy six stood up to her until she stopped even though it resulted into a fist fight and lots of trouble in school, even our parents had to interface—except mine of course. So the hate still remains!. Literally everyone hated the arrogant, self deluded Chi, I just try to ignore her.

Sandra is trying to bring Hawaii to Nigeria on her birthday but I already told her I am not wearing a coconut bra, no way. Except for the food through, the price of fishes have gone high up tremendously.

On the invitation card, it says there's going to be chocolate surprises;

°Chocolate cookies
°Chocolate cupcakes
°Popcorn with melted chocolate
°Strawberries dipped in chocolate
°Banana dipped in chocolate

We're not kids anymore but Sandra is still mad about chocolate, so we're going with it.

And there's going to popcorn with lots of fun toppings to choose from;

°Coconut and marshmallow flakes
°Sprinkles
°cinnamon
°sugar
°caramel sauce
°strawberry sauce
°pretzels
°cranberries
°garlic powder

One full day at the beach with the people that make me happy, I could really really use that. It would sooth my life and strengthen my happy wall, so that no matter what Mr Bolade says or does, I won't be affected, at least not too much to make me cry at all.

"Sandra, what about rice?, what about chicken?, What about semo?" Imade's phone voice boomed from the video call, "I've read the invitation like 10 time, I didn't even see one grain of rice."

"You eat rice everyday Nahh, it's a special birthday and we're having special treats" Sandra answered.

"Rice gan gan ni special treats!. How I go come party con dey eat only light food, abeg make jollof rice o. Don't be stingy nah!, Popcorn for an entire day?."

"Jollof rice ko, rice and beans ni, mumu behave like a civilized child for ones and eat light."

"Na Eba I dey eat right now sef, civilization no go belle full man pikin."

"Is it the food you're coming for or to celebrate with me?."

"My sister it is both o. As we dey eat, we go dey celebrate."

I smiled a little as I pressed the iron over the pleat of the skirt, listening to Imade and Sandra go on and on about food.

"Akorede, where are you?. Save me! I'm stuck!" Ashley yelled over the phone.

Now I burst into laughter, "Stuck where?."

"These two are killing my brain cells, let's talk about something else, like what we're going to wear, and the hair we're going to make, and whom we're going with!."