05. HELL'S BELLS & BUCKETS OF BLOOD.

CHAPTER FIVE | " HELL'S BELLS AND BUCKETS OF BLOOD "

IT TAKES A STEP BY STEP TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MIGHT COME NEXT

Patience and cautiousness were the focus points of what was waiting in the glimpses of the near future. Inaudible counting was followed by a pair of stomps. Sooner one of them was left behind. It was very obvious that Stevie wasn't so excited about her private dance lesson. Not only did she step at his foot multiple times, she felt miserable that her bad mood overshadowed his excitement as Nick tried his best to help her out.

"No-no! Forget it! This is so humiliating!" Stevie declared harshly as she slipped on purpose from his hands during the infamous dip her dad was bragging about. She fell on the butterfly bedding. Her hair was tousled, spread like a bunch of sun rays. With hands covering her face, she could finally express her repressed misery.

"Almost! Just hold onto me and you'll be fine. Wanna try again?"

"No! I need you to be honest for a moment. Clearly, I and my partner dancing will never go together. I don't need the reassurance. Just say that I am trash, okay? I'll take it. No play pretend." Stevie's whimpers of annoyance were louder than the song playing in the background.

Nicholas stammered, "I... I would never say that."

"Actually, It's all solely about trust. You need to put all your beliefs in the person that is holding you," he shrugged his shoulders, "you'd be surprised but it took me a while to realize it as well."

Nick anticipated her to ask her about his journey. That would potentially give her the spark she lacked to achieve goals like this but It didn't happen.

"Yeah, trust, clearly don't know her." Stevie blurted out mockingly. She rolled her eyes and then rubbed her face to figure out what she should say next after grasping the fact she acted like a total fool. It was her birthday after all. She wanted everything to be perfect and the actuality of her multi-talented dad asking his impossible daughter to dance was just around the corner. Stevie was so nervous, that she hasn't fully realized that she was messing up this day — a very last day in this universe — for somebody else.