6

"Gentlemen, Lady, this is your first hop

"Gentlemen, Lady, this is your first hop. The jets you are flying against are smaller, faster and more maneuverable, just like the enemy MiGs. The clock is
ticking, and as of now, we are keeping
score,"Jester told the group of pilots and their RIOs.

Maverick and Goose were first and he just had to buzz the tower.

Then it was Dragonfly and Fitz's turn.

"Okay, talk to me Fitz, what do you got,"Dragonfly asked her RIO.

"No sign of Jester, yet, oh wait, shit he's there,"Fitz said as a smaller jet flew past them.

"Okay I follow him,"Dragonfly said, while increasing the speed and chased after Jester. "And fry him."

"Now way kid,"Jester said.

"Damn it. I lost him the sun,"Dragonfly cursed.

"Watch the mountains,"Fitz said, panicking a bit, when Dragonfly nearly flew past the mountains.

"Oh there he is,"Fitz then said. "Right behind us."

"Okay kid, show me what you got,"Jester said.

"Fitz's it's time, hang on tight,"Dragonfly announced.

"Oh no, no, no we're not doing this. We haven't trained this yet,"Fitz said, but Dragonfly didn't listen.

Dragonfly flew above Jester, just like Maverick did with the MiG 28 and was now behind Jester.

"Yee-haw, Jesters dead,"Dragonfly and Fitz cheered.

"Alright, get to base immediately,"Jester ordered.
He was impressed by Dragonfly's flying, but would never say it out loud.

"Yes sir."