1.

Not edited

I've been dreaming the same dream for as long as I can remember.
Fire. Destruction. Death and me standing on a mountain of countless bodies.

Bloody. Full of hateful rage. Endless carnage. Unrecognizable and animalistic. My eyes black as the night sky. My bloodstained fingers baring razor sharp claws. Standing face to face with this unreal version of myself I yell to it. This isn't me! I'm not like this!

There's so much pain and chaos around me it feels so real. This can't be real. In a split of a second the evil me was gone.

It disappeared but to where?

Turning to run IT grabbed me by the arm and pulled me close to her. Staring in those pitch black eyes sent chills down my spine.

I am you! Soon I will be freed! SET ME FREE ROWAN YOU KNOW HOW! It spoke! I fall back on the dirt ground in complete shock. I tried to get up but she was already on top of me.

My hands and feet are held down by some unseen force. She leans down lower licking the side of my face. Laughing. I have to wake up!

A low growl came from IT then some unclear words IT repeated before they became audible clear. Fear settled in fast.

Rowannn Rowannn ROWANNN! They can't save you. The end of days is coming. You. Are. Mine.

I need to wake up.

Wake up Rowan. WAKE UP!

" Roe are you alright? You were screaming." Adjusting my eyes to the light I see my father. He's holding my face in his hand's wiping away my tears.

He's so stressed and worried. I know why though. He's been waking me from these night terrors since I was child. Each time worst than the last.

"It's morning already?" My nightmares have been eating up my nights for some time now. It's honestly exhausting. I wake up everyday more tired then I was last.

He smiled slightly then proceeded to get up from the edge of my bed. He patted me on the head before exiting my room.

Rubbing the back of my head My eyes roamed around my room and landed on my alarm clock. 8:40am. OH MY GOD IM LATE! I jumped out of bed quick and sprinted passed my dad to the hallway bathroom.

" Oh yeah that's right kid you're late for school!" He shouted before I closed the bathroom door.

" Thanks for the heads up!" I yelled sarcastically. Taking a glance in the mirror I myself looked absolutely disgusting.

My black curly hair is all over the place and knotted! I slept in my makeup. Mascara and eyeliner smothered all over my eyes. 

Why do I do this to myself?

My skin is paler than ever. I look like a walking corpse. Jesus Christ. I turned the shower on and grabbed my tooth brush and toothpaste off the sink to brush my teeth in the shower.

Once I was done with my teeth I moved on to washing my face. My skin felt really oily and nasty.

Double cleanse.

Turning off the shower and hopping onto the mat I place on the floor the night before I grabbed my towel hanging off my side wall.

The bathroom is really foggy. So I opened my bathroom window to air it out. Chills were sent through my spine.

Somethings out there.

My window faced woods about 20 feet away from my house. I stood there by the window looking. Analyzing any difference. My senses didn't warn me of anything. But my gut told me otherwise. Sometimes is there. Waiting. I just don't know what it is. Yet.