1

It's still early hours of the morning. The sun was already shining very brightly, the afternoon would be overwhelmingly hot.

Summer break was finally over and all the teenagers were heading to the school for a long day of learning and activities.

The school itself had always had poor funding, so it shocked everyone when the school suddenly got massive funding from a family all the way from France.

The family's only son would also be joining the school and staying here in Error's hometown for the entire school year.

Last year, Error had walked on this same street all the way to school every day religiously, and he did the same this year. The street was mainly build was safer than the others so it was ideal to walk through it.

The street was filled with nice houses. They weren't huge, but something Error's family could never afford.

A small sleek black cat follow quietly behind him. The thing sometimes followed Error around the town, but would never follow him into a store, the school, or his run down home.

Today was no different. Glancing back, Error watched the cat scamper after him.

Scoffing in amusement, Error turned his attention on what the school would now look like. Other students have told him the school used a good amount of their funding on building more classrooms, sportswear and equipment.

In a way, Error didn't care how many funds the school got. It would always seem to still be the number one school in the state where a good amount of its students would go missing or get kidnapped to never be seen again.

Why the school hasn't been shut down will forever be a mystery. The school always just felt off. Unsafe, or even spooky.

"Old ass school." Error mumbled under his breath, scrunching up his nose, he kept his gaze on the ground walking on the cracked line like it was a balance beam.

The little cat who was still behind him, jumped onto the short concrete wall next to Error. The wall was not bigger than his waist.

The other side of the wall had many rose bushes, and hiding behind them was a nice house.

Last summer, Error and a few other teenagers would hop the fence and steal a few roses. No one ever lived there in the past so it was never a big deal.

Memories flooded Error's mind as he continued to walk.

The new exchange student was also said to be living there with an old little lady.

Made sense, he was still a minor. The rest of his family was still in France.

All the past exchange students had left before the first trimester was over or went missing just like some of the other students.

The school never got exchange students who came from so far away, the other teenagers only ever lived a few hours away.

Usually every school year students would go missing around every two months or so.

Some just disappear in school, at home, in stores, or even states away, but they were all were or had been students of the high school.