The Sacrifice

==(Amy Pov)==

It was a normal average day so I decided to go for a walk around the park, while walking around I saw Sonic in my view I tried calling out to him but he didn't hear me, "That's strange" as I saw him headed into the forest curious I decided to follow him while making sure he didn't notice me I followed him deeper into the woods then he eventually stopped, "Hmm that's strange why did he stop?" I said thinking to myself, but just as I was about to reveal myself until I heard a voice calling out to him, a girl I've never seen before jumped into Sonic's arms with a smile, Sonic accepted her embrace and twirled her around. My heart ache with pain that I've never felt before when I looked back over to them I saw them kissing I couldn't believe it, my heart shattered into what felt like a million pieces tears started to fall from my eyes I couldn't stand to watch anymore I ran as far away as I could eventually making it home throwing myself on my bed crying myself to sleep.

The next day I get up and decide to take a shower, few minutes later my phone starts ringing I get out of the shower and while drying myself off I looked at my phone to see who was calling and noticed it was Rouge that was calling I decided to pick up and answer, "Hello?" "Hey Amy just calling you because Sonic had some big important announcement he had to tell us of course knowing Sonic it's probably something stupid but if Shadow's here then it's definitely something good" I started to get flashbacks of yesterday and had a feeling that I was not gonna like it but I agreed. Rouge ends the call. I eventually dry myself off and decided to get dressed and heads out were the place Rouge told me to meet when I got there saw everybody was already there waiting for Sonic. "Hey guys" I said while I walking up to them "Hi Amy glad you could join us" Tails said waving at me with a friendly smile "Ugh were is he I sick of waiting I want to know what's this big important announcement" Rouge said impatiently tapping her foot with her arms crossed.

Some of the others try to guess on what this big important announcement I just decided to keep silent, about few minutes later Sonic comes walking over to the place where he told everyone to meet along side him was that same girl I saw him kissing yesterday. My heart felt like breaking again, I managed to hold back my tears and the pain "Hey guys sorry about the wait, I want you to meet Sally a very good old friend of mine I'm sure some of you already know her." Sonic says as Sally comes out and greets everyone with a smile, some of the others introduced themselves to her and rest of the others were just happy to see her again, eventually the ones who haven't met introduced themselves until I was the only one left who has yet to introduce myself, I could tell that others and Sonic were nervous, afraid on how I was going to react to Sally since I kinda had that problem with people getting to close to Sonic most importantly girls, "You must be Amy it's so nice to finally meet you Sonic told me so much about you". She said while she walked up to me extending her hand out with a smile on her face I didn't really want to returned her hands shake or her friendship but I had too since I didn't want to start something between us and not to mention leaving the wrong impression on me which could make me lose not only my friends but my reputation as well, so I put on a fake smile and act hoping they would buy it "It's pleasure to meet you to Sally." I said smiling shaking my hand in hers I heard them sighed In relief "I think they bought it" I said to myself, then out of the corner of my eye I saw Shadow staring at me with that look I could tell he saw right through me, I was pretty good at faking my feelings or hiding my pain and Shadow is the only one that knows about it, then Rouge walks up to me and whispers into my ear "You scared us for a second there you sure you okay with this?." Rouge sounded concerned about me since I've been chasing Sonic for most of my life, but I nodded forcing a smile and still hiding the pain.

After that we all decided to celebrate Sally's arrival all except me of course, I watched the others having a blast, needing some fresh air I walked outside an sat on the patio trying clear my head as well still trying to hide the pain. I looked back over at Sonic and Sally when looking at them I soon noticed Sonic's eyes and how they would soften when he looks at Sally, after thinking about it I kinda realized that his eyes would never soften when he looked at me in way he always seemed annoyed whenever I was around or even near him, It was clear to me that Sonic was In love with Sally. And after realizing it I knew I was getting in the way of his happiness of course I stilled loved Sonic with all my heart....but I knew that he would never end with me and it hurt. If I really loved him I have to let him be happy and let him go. Even though it was the right thing to do it still hurt to see Sonic with Sally, I noticed Shadow headed towards me still trying to hide my pain I smiled hoping he would buy it at least just a little bit.