night shift part two

The d.j. Booth was anything but just a booth... It had couches...a very classy glass table. Onthe other end were the d.j. Tables, three of them. Next to those were two laptops where Kieto stood, clicking away. As she watched his hands the music changed insynce. He glanced up and realized she was watching, he smiled and quickly moved to her side so he could talk.

"its nice up here isn't it?"

She nodded, not sure if she was even allowed to be in there.

"the couches are actually surprisingly really comfortable" he had to say each word carefully over the loud music. She sat almost reluctantly, she wasn't sure what it was he actually wanted. Plus she needed to be working, but Manny had introduced them so perhaps there was a reason? She sighed, and was startled when she noticed Kieto was studying her. He smiled the instant she caught his eye.

He patted the cushion next to him, "come on, I don't bite."

She smiled and stood to maneuver around the table, he never took his eyes from hers. Finally next to him he leaned close and whispered something so quietly she had to lean closer.

She held her breathe, he smelled so damn good. His hot whisper against her ear sent shivers down her spine.

"I said, you are so beautiful."

Every man that has walked.into her life, has told her that very same statement,; consequencely it had no affect on her.

Her trained smile told him differently though, she instantly beamed and shyly thanked him.

"your better than this." he suddenly said, very serious. his eyes never leaving hers.

Angel smiled only slightly, she knew it was a compliment but she hated when men decided to give her their two sense. what exactly was it about her that made her any better than the next girl?

kieto kept note of her silence and quickly changed the subject by reaching over to the fridge and pulling out a piece of chocolate.

"here, try this." he told her, "you like chocolate, right? It's German chocolate, it just melts in your mouth. a little piece of heaven."

she loved chocolate, she couldn't help it. she slowly put it in her mouth and it indeed melted like a cloud. closing her eyes she savored the taste, and before she could react she felt Kieto's warm lips on her cheek. she quickly opened her eyes but he had already pulled away and a wickedly beautiful smile greeted her.

flushed and caught of guard she quickly stood.

"Well, um, thanks for the chocolate, I should get back downstairs." she smiled and quickly left before he could respond.

she practically ran from the dj booth, past the lockers and into the nearest bathroom stall. he had kissed her. on the cheek, but it was still a kiss. Will 's face popped into her mind. she couldn't remember the last time he had kissed her so tenderly. She sighed and let her body fall against the stall as she just breathed.

she heard the clicking of heels, then she heard her voice, "Angel?"

it was Deanna . Angel smirked and thought about not responding, but then she heard her turn for the bathroom. Angel flushed the toilet and strutted out.

"I thought I'd find you here, as opposed to downstairs with the rest of us." Deanna coolly stated as she watched Angel wash her hands.

Angel just smiled at her through the mirror. she enjoyed watching her impatiently wait. she added more soap to her hands.

"it's weird, I thought I saw you in the dj booth, for awhile. that's nice of you to make sure the new guy gets a warm welcome." she said, slurring with sarcasm. Angel shut the water off and finally turned to face her.

"I know you don't walk up stairs unless you absolutely have to. so please, why are you looking for me?" Angel asked.

Deanna pursed her lips at the insult. "you have a man here requesting your presence in the Champaign room." she matter of factly stated. a dangerous glint in her eyes.

Angel quickly went through the different names of regulars in her mind who came to see her...but none of them ever took her to the Champaign room, they just didn't have that amount of money.

she heard the clicking of Deanna's heels and just like that she was gone.