Chapter 13

Hope's POV:

"The elevator platforms are up ahead," Leon announces as we walk passed the submarines. Those things are huge!

  I check my watch seeing the time on it and for a quick moment I feel panic rise in me but I gotta stay positive for my baby.

  "Eleven minutes," Luther spoke up making me tighten my hold on Becky who fell asleep on my shoulder. Her cute little breathing tickles my neck slightly making me smile to myself.

   "We're gonna be okay," Leon responds in a positive tone. As we reach the stairs Luther stops us quickly and checks it over then nods for us to continue.

Mom goes in front of me while Uncle Chris stays behind me. Basically I'm sandwiched between them so they can help me protect Becky.

We walk down the tunnel towards the elevator platform. "Everyone get on board," Luther says and all of us walk on the platform. We're almost out of this death trap.

   "Hold on! Next stop, menswear and sporting goods,"Barry states making me chuckle. Only this guy would be playful in a time like this. He presses his foot on the button and turned the handle making the elevator jerk down a little before it starts raising.

Mom wraps her arm around me and Becky, kissing my head gently. We're gonna be free. Finally. Suddenly the elevator stops and an alarm starts blaring making Becky startle awake.

I sigh roughly, of course it wouldn't be this easy. "Shh, princess, it's okay. You're okay," I coo softly and rub her back gently with mom standing guard next to me.

"Be strong, baby. We're gonna keep you safe," mom signs/talks gently at Becky and pushes her hair out of her face.

She kisses her head then mine before following Leon and Luther who are off the elevator and messing with the screen panel that I'm guessing controls the elevator.

A loud ear piercing noice making me groan in pain and fall to my knees. "Hey, hey, are you ok!" Hazel questions worriedly. I let go of Becky and cover my ears, screaming in pain.

Distinctly I hear snarls and gunshots. "MAMA!!! HELP!!" I open my eyes seeing a huge ass Licker taking my daughter with its tongue.

   No, no, no, no, no! I growl in rage and jumped with my vampire strength getting halfway up the wall. My eyes close tightly as the noise gets louder and I shake my head to get rid of the sound.

My main focus is getting my baby back. I push forward despite the loud noise and sped up the wall, groaning. As I get into another tunnel the loud noise stopped. I fall on my back panting and disoriented for a second.

   What the hell was that? Hands cup my face and I see a blurry image of my mom. "Ey, honey, waake up. Ome on, get up! Becky needs ou," she says in a disoriented voice making me shake my head trying clear it up.

"Your ok, honey. Come on. Focus on me. Sorry for this," what is she sorry for? I groan as she slaps me hard across the face.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?!" I exclaim groaning and held my face. Mom sighs in relief and pulls me up into a hug.

"Sorry honey but I had too. There's no time to talk. The Licker got Becky. Come on," she says pulling me along the tunnel. Right Becky, my daughter whom I'm after to save.

   I crack my neck to ease my pain and pull my gun to the front so I can be ready for anything. As we get halfway down the tunnel we stop as we see Becky's backpack with her teddy bear sticking out, covered in saliva.