13 | Apologies |

[ (Y/N)'s POV ]

When I arrived at my house, I parked the car in the driveway and got out, still not saying a word to Striker. It was obvious to me that I couldn't be mad at him forever and that I would forgive him at one point, sooner or later. He had to follow through with what he had to do. It was only a matter of figuring out when the silence between me and him would be broken. I opened the door to my house with my keys and then closed it after he entered behind me. I was able to tell that he knew he fucked up, even if I didn't look directly at him. A few times, he would try to mutter out any words of apology, but he always fumbled over his words and failed to get a full sentence out of his mouth. We both wanted to apologize to each other, but we both couldn't bring ourselves to blurt out an apology to the other. It just felt like no moment was a proper time to do so.

I walked over to my bedroom and closed the door as I lay on my bed. What was I to feel? Should I have been mad at Striker? He was only doing what he was told to do, it was only right. There was a part of me saying that it was unreasonable to be mad at him because he just only just following orders, but the other part said it was fair because he hurt my friends. Although there were two opposite sides with two different opinions, my true feelings were in between. It was hard to bring myself to a solid conclusion. I could only really stare at the ceiling and ponder my emotions for as long as it would take me. My brain was filled with half-answers, of "No, because he-"'s and "No, but then-"'s. My hand rested on my forehead as I tried to conjure an absolute decision. After about 15 minutes, my brain finally came up with an idea. I needed to set up a compromise.

[ Striker's POV ]

I sat on the couch, looking at my phone. I tried to take my mind off what happened on the date by scrolling through random pictures on social media, but the guilty feeling in my stomach was in no way ignorable. Should I have told him that? The date was going so well, but then... it wasn't. I occasionally looked at the staircase that led to the room that (Y/N) was in. I wanted to peek into the room to see how he was feeling, but my feeling that he should get some space instantly vetoed that idea. I had my phone to contact him to say an apology, but then again, he probably needed space. I hoped again and again that he was alright.

[ (Y/N)'s POV ]

I got up and walked out of the bedroom. I walked downstairs to see if Striker could be maybe in the kitchen or somewhere else, but I found him sitting on the couch, to which he noticed me and looked at me. "Sweetie, look, I know you're mad at me, and I apologize for hurting your friends. I was inconsiderate and should have thought about how you would have felt," he told me at a semi-quick pace, seeming nervous that maybe I would have done something bad. But, I sat down next to him and I maintained complete eye contact with him. "Striker, I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have acted so mad when you told me that. You were only following orders, it was dumb of me for overreacting at that." I responded to him. He sighed in relief. "But, you have to promise me one thing," I then said. "What is it?" He asked. "I need you to promise me that you won't try to murder anyone that I know. You can kill some random-ass imp on the streets, but not any one of my friends. You got it?" I told him firmly. Striker nodded in acceptance. I hugged him tightly after he did so, to which he did the same as well.

"I love you, Striker.~" I told Striker as I held myself close to his chest. "I love you too, my love.~" Striker responded as he softly kissed my head of me. I kissed back, but on his lips instead. "Well, I guess you're not mad at me, I assume?" Striker asked as he laughed softly. "Oh, I can't be mad at you forever, you know," I responded. It was true, it was impossible to be mad at him forever, even for a long time. My brain only let me be angry for only a short time. Although I wasn't angry at him anymore, I still had questions. "Wait, if you were hired to kill Stolas, who hired you to kill him?" I asked him. "Oh, his wife. I guess it was something about Stolas cheating on her and that she wanted him dead or whatever." Striker responded. I nodded in acknowledgment from knowing that Stolas would occasionally talk about how his wife was very pissed at him. "Now, you wanna go back to the room?" He asked me, to which I nodded enthusiastically. As we walked up the stairs, he told me one more thing.

"I got something planned for us both.~"