Chapter 6, The End

The sun was setting as they drifted off towards land, "think we'll ever make it back?" Cody asked, "not sure" Veronica answered, they heard babbling from their baby sister, Sunny, there was land, they changed course and sailed towards it, it was the beach that they'd been going to since Cody was 3. "We're home" Veronica said with relief, "we can go see mother and father" Cody added, as the boat reached the shore, they all stepped out, Veronica carried Sunny over to the sand and sat her down si she could help Cody drag in the boat. And as they started back home, the trolly pulled up, they were going home.

As they knocked on the door of their home, they felt relief, and they felt even more at ease when their mother and father opened the door, they were pulled into a tight hug, everyone had been happy they were back. It helped the children sleep knowing that that scum was locked in jail, never able to hurt anyone for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no happy end, it's only just "The End",
Isn't that what they say, my friend?
Maybe I've watched too many movies,
You say that movies are best when you get a smoothie,
I believed you when you said it,
But now when they ask me about going to see a movie, all I can say is "forget it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~