002

after sage changed out of her wet clothes into a bikini and some sweatpants she hollered from her room for the rest of the teenagers. after waiting for a few seconds all of them joined her in her room. when conrad was the last to walk in she ushered him to close the door.

"okay, so i know you all are wondering why i called this very important meeting." she paused to look at steven "we are adding a new tradition to our yearly cousins trips!"

all the teenagers except steven and sage's eyebrows furrowed. they had briefly heard the girl mention a new tradition by the pool but had yet to figure it out.

the burkley stood from her spot on the bed and grabbed her backpack from her desk chair. she rummaged through it for a few seconds and finally grabbed the bottle of rum. "i call it welcome shots." she concluded while waving the bottle around slightly.

the fisher boys jaws dropped. while the conklins had time to adjust to her new rebellious look on life, this is the first the fishers had seen it.

conrad was the first to speak "damn i guess you really did grow up."

the girl rolled her eyes "yeah, yeah. i know now let's take some shots!"

the bottle was soon passed around in a circle, excluding belly. everyone just wanted a slight buzz to start the vacation so they agreed to go light.

after it had been passed around three times, the teens were all chatting about stupid things that they had missed out on. conrad was oddly quiet but sage decided to not worry about it for now. after awhile of catching up and joking around, everyone decided to either go finish unpacking or go do something in their rooms.

as everyone cleared the room she turned to hide the bottle back in her backpack. as she turned back around she saw jeremiah still sitting on her bed, looking at her.

"what's up jere bear?" she asked with a lazy smile before laying down on the bed next to him.

jeremiah smiled at the nickname "let's go to the beach before dinner."

her eyebrows furrowed "what, was everyone else busy?"

the fisher chuckled at that "i didn't ask anyone else, i've been waiting for you to get here all day."

sage didn't respond so jeremiah decided to plead the girl. she finally said yes and jeremiah jumped off the bed and celebrated.

all the burkley girl had to do was take off her sweatpants and grab a towel before they walked to the beach.

as they walked, sage informed the boy that steven told her they had gotten a job at the country club. "i'm not opposed to it but you have to promise to still make time for lil' ol' me."

when she said that jeremiah laughed before looking at her seriously, "i'll always make time for you green. you're my favorite." his eyes widened "don't tell steven i said that."

sage chuckled and she thought about his words the rest of the way to the beach. he seemed to be more genuine with his words this summer.

as they walked onto the beach jeremiah sent her the biggest grin "i'll race you?" he said it as a question.

"no i can't-" she got cut off by the fisher boy protesting "hey! its an unfair advantage you have longer legs."

as soon as she finished her sentence she began sprinting to the ocean, throwing her towel down in the process. as soon as sage reached the ocean she felt arms circle around her waist.

"i caught you" she heard jeremiah whisper into her ear before throwing her into the water.

sage emerged from the water with heat on her cheeks from his words but dismissed it, "come on jere bear! that's the second time today!"