004

sage was stirred awake by a knock at her door. "go away" the girl gritted out.

her protests were no use as the door slowly opened and jeremiah walked in.

sage slowly opened her eyes and groaned, the action making the pounding in her head worse. jeremiah sat next to her and held out a glass of green juice and two pills.

"what the fuck is that?" the brunette questioned.

"my special hangover cure" jeremiah softly said to her. the younger fisher being cautious of the girls raging hangover made sage grin softly.

sage slowly sat up and took the pills with the mysterious liquid before coughing, "jere that tastes like shit!"

jeremiah chuckled "i know, just drink it all, i promise it'll make you feel better." when she grimaced jeremiah pleaded "for me?"

sage couldn't resist and agreed to drink it all, slowly sipping on the drink. "okay well i have to leave before we're late for our first day at the country club." jeremiah bid her a goodbye with a kiss on her forehead.

sage smiled as he left the room, her fingertips tracing the place jeremiah fisher's lips just were. for the first time in her life she had felt a fluttery feeling in her chest. sage decided to ignore it, writing it off as the fact she was happy he was taking care of her.

-

while sage was finishing up the horrendous drink jeremiah had given her, belly came in and told her to get ready to go shopping for the debutante ball with her, laurel, and susannah.

at this point the four girls had been in a dozen stores, sage managing to find some things to buy as well. she picked out some new bathing suits and had managed to grab a present for belly's birthday without her noticing.

belly was trying on white dresses while the other three girls sat and watched her model them. the dresses got a round of nods, shocked looks, or just outright no's. until belly tried one on that Susannah seemed to love.

"oh my god, look at our girl!" the fisher woman exclaimed.

"she looks like a cupcake" laurel said hesitantly.

sage snickered quietly at laurel's comment before walking up to belly, playing with her hair while they both look into the mirror. "i think you look beautiful in anything belly."

the younger conklin smiled at her best friend in the mirror before thanking her. the two girls played around in the dress, sage twirling belly around as their laughs echoed through the store.

-

sage was in the car with laurel and belly, deciding to go with laurel to drop belly off. sage climbed out of the car with belly, letting laurel know she would be right back. the burkley hadn't gotten much time to hang out with the girl alone, meaning she hasn't been updated on the conrad situation. "so, what's going on with conrad? don't think i didn't miss him flirting with you in the car last night."

belly tensed as heat rushed to her cheeks "nothings going on i guess? he's just different this summer and he's acting hot and cold with me. one minute he's flirting with me and playing with my hair then the next morning he acts as if i'm revolting."

sage was taken back by her rant before nodding "well, it sounds like he's leading you on, and you shouldn't stand for that. you deserve to be loved belly." the older girl grabbed her friends hand as a reassurance.

belly smiled softly at the girl before switching the conversation. "and jeremiah? i don't think you've been away from him for more than twenty minutes so far this summer."

it was sage's turn to tense as heat rose to her cheeks "i don't know, it's jeremiah, the same guy that has teased me for the past two summers now. but, he's also been super sweet to me recently. this morning he brought me his 'special hangover cure' and kissed me on my forehead before he left for work. he's just been super touchy and flirty with me."

belly hummed "and how do you feel about that?"

sage sighed at her question "i feel like i can't breathe when he's around, he makes me nervous." she heard her words and slapped her hands over her mouth. before looking at belly who had a knowing look on her face. "no isabel conklin, i do not have a crush on jeremiah fisher" the girl was internally panicking, wondering if she did or not. she couldn't like the boy, could she? she hesitantly decided she did not, that she just liked the attention she was receiving.

as their conversation came to a conclusion they spotted the boy they were just talking about "jeremiah! hey!" belly called out to the boy

jeremiah's jaw dropped upon seeing the conklin "oh my god, i didn't even recognize you!"

belly sighed before asking the boy "tell me the truth, do i look like a fool?"

the fisher laughed at this "um, no. you look good." he was stumbling over his words. "let me walk you over?"

belly smiled before declining "thanks jere, but sage is already walking me over."

jeremiah's eyebrows furrowed before turning to look at sage "oh! hey sage!"

sage gave the boy a little wave before clearing her throat, "no! it's okay, laurels waiting on me anyways, you can take her from here." she forced a smile before bidding them both goodbyes.

as sage walked back to laurel's car her mind wouldn't slow down coming up with a million thoughts a minute. jeremiah didn't even notice her? how was he so preoccupied to even notice a second person standing there? she knew belly looked good, but she didn't expect that jeremiah's brain would stop working the second he saw her.

this time, sage had firmly made up her mind, she didn't chase boys who weren't interested in her, so no, she did not like jeremiah fisher as anything more than a friend. when sage returned to the car laurel saw her reddened face and asked what was wrong. sage shrugged before telling her she didn't want to talk about it. the wole way back to the beach house, sage looked down at her hands nervously twirling and let her mind race with hundreds of scenarios. when the two girls pulled up to the beach house sage let laurel know she was going out on her long board and she would be back later.

sage loved riding down the street, as it gave her a chance to clear her head, and she desperately needed it right now. she convinced herself she didn't like the younger fisher, but if she didn't, why was she so angry over scenarios that she was making up in her head?

-
this one's a little shorter but i kinda like it

thank you all so much for the comments & things <333 really keeping me motivated

not edited