ch. 9: 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰-𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓶

"I will now divide you into pairs of two, half will be the heroes, others the villains," All Might announced.

Nabi was teamed up with Kaminari (Him again??) and they went against Yaoyorozu & Mineta. But the first battle stole the show. Nabi watched it in awe, realising that the two had a score to settle, otherwise Bakugo wouldn't have attacked him so openly. Poor Midoriya was injured quite badly. Nabi sympathised with him because he could barely control his powers: he had it worse than her.

When it was her and Kaminari's turn, they struggled as well. With neither of them having information gathering abilities, it took a while to locate the 'heroes'. Once Kaminari found Yaoyorozu 's barricaded entrance, Nabi blew it up with one of her transformed apples. They stormed the room, and while Yaoyorozu looked surprised, Mineta began to hurl his sticky hair at them to "protect Yaoyorozu at all costs". Nabi quickly produced a knife to catch some of the balls, but ultimately got stuck.

Kaminari hesitated, debating whether he should help her or not. Nabi could read it in his face.

"No, Kaminari! Touch the weapon!"

With some time lost, Kaminari managed to slightly zap the 'heroes' and retrieve the weapon.

"Interesting strategy, you two," All Might began, "but you took way too long to find the heroes – you should have come up with a search plan. And while getting caught can win some time," he looked at Nabi, "it is not a good long-term strategy. You too took advantage of the exercise having a time limit."

"Yes, sir," team G chorused.

"Congratulations, team C. You did well, but you need to recover quicker if your initial plan fails."

Nabi was thrilled to have survived the training, not to mention winning, although judging by All Might's comments, the 'heroes' were the true winners. The rest of the battles went by in a flash and there was much to learn. Nabi looked around, and suddenly realised that Midoriya wasn't with them. She decided to wait for him to get out of the nurses' office because she wanted to have a little chat with him about quirks.

Too bad the majority of the class had the same idea as her. She had to postpone her meeting with Midoriya. Kaminari was getting too close and too comfortable for her liking so she decided to head home early and bring Midoriya a "get well soon" card the following day, although she wasn't sure how fitting it would be. She just felt bad for not waiting for him.

She exited the school building and saw Bakugo walking away. He was moving rather slowly and Nabi had the chance to catch up to him if she would speed walk. If she would speed walk. She wasn't going to chase after a guy, so she continued at her usual pace. All of a sudden Midoriya dashed past her and confronted Bakugo. Although she stood a few metres away from them and she was taught not to eavesdrop, she could hear "borrowed power". Well, that explains it. He is just like me.

Bakugo walked on and Nabi took the chance to check up on her closest acquaintance. Thankfully he looked fine and rather relieved. "Well, I have to go," Nabi said as she noticed her car pull up. "And I'd be happy to eat lunch with you sometime. Or dinner if we want something fancier than school lunch." Nabi was secretly hoping he'd say yes to the last option for selfish reasons. She didn't mind becoming closer with others, but as it stood, they were in the way. Murdering them would do the trick. Oh gosh, what am I thinking! Nabi mentally kicked herself. Midoriya gave no definite answer.

When Nabi was in her car and driving home, Midoriya confessed to All Might that he had told Bakugo, and that Nabi had most likely overheard. All Might's smile didn't falter for a second.