# 7

Eight excruciatingly long days after the battle in Trost, Hange and I were finally given the go ahead to begin experiments involving Eren's Titan.

When I woke up this morning, I slowly remembered the brief interaction Levi and I shared last night and instantly my face was hot to the touch. The amount of sheer confusion this man gives me is kind of insane. I mentally decided that I would avoid Levi at all costs during the experiments today. Which ended up being much more difficult due to the fact that Levi was literally put in charge of keeping everyone safe from Eren's Titan; should he lose control and start attacking us.

Hange and I sat patiently as Levi explained a way to possibly extract Eren from his Titan form without killing him to Eren and his own squad. We were all in an old classroom. Levi stood at the very front, drawing a Titan on the whiteboard to act as a visual to the words he was speaking.

"The method I've come up with will only leave you mutilated. Well, at least in theory. Depends on individual skill. Essentially," Levi took a deep breath before turning to finally face everyone and continued speaking as he stepped aside to allow us all to see what he had drawn. "we cut the entire nape from the body, with you inside." Everyone continued to watch and listen.

"Your arms and legs will be severed halfway down in the process, but you'll survive." Levi spoke directly towards Eren. "As a matter of fact, they'll probably just grow back lizard-style. Creepy little bastard." Levi's voiced was laced with sarcastic disgust.

"Uh," Eren grew visibly nervous as he began to speak. "hold on a second. I-I'm not really sure how they do it. I mean, they might, but, maybe it's not worth the risk that they wont." he hesitantly finished.

"Oh, I see." Levi started and though I couldn't see his full face, I automatically knew the type of expression he was displaying; eyes narrowed with a deadpan stare into Eren's soul. I knew he was about to lay into Eren for what he had just said. I took a shallow breath in as Levi continued.

"You're only up for this, if there's no risk involved whatsoever." He turned so his body faced Eren now.

"N-no!" Eren started to defend himself but Levi cut him off.

"Then be prepared. We're in the same boat." He placed his hand on his hip has he continued.

"If you go on a rampage, you could kill us, so we're even." Levi finished what he was saying and in no way was leaving it up for debate.

"Yes, sir. Seems perfectly fair to me." The fifteen year old boy nodded then lowered his head as he finished speaking.

Hange shifted next to me, her elbows propped up on her knees and her head hanging in her hands. She began to speak. "Just to be clear, we have the go ahead, right?" She eagerly questions. I was just as eager but as we all know, Hange has a more difficult time concealing that eagerness.

Levi looks over his shoulder in order to see Hange and I. "We can't afford not to run tests, so yes, you're good. Just try to keep him from going rouge right out of the gate.". He gives us the go ahead and my face lights up with excitement as soon as those words leave his mouth. It hit me all at once really. We finally have a Titan that we can get close and personal with, without it wanting to eat us. There are so many things we finally have the capacity to learn now that we can take a closer look at his Titan. I could care less about how crazy I looked at this moment and I knew Hange felt the same.

"Oh, not to worry. We have a plan.". Hange and I had began coming up with ways to test Eren's Titan ever since we found out he could turn into one. Now was our chance to shine and put these ways, these theories, to the test.

"Eren, I know you're still a mystery to yourself, but we learn as we go." I spoke up, finally. I took brief notice of a slight look of shock in Levi's eyes as I started. "Knowledge is always worth the risk." I nudged Hange in the shoulder as I finished, "We believe that.".