Chapter 8: Jealousy

Maki POV

Kris had dropped me off at school. Gosh, he's so nice, I don't know how they could call him a cold guy, Kris is amazing! I hugged my books while walking to class, smiling away, I plopped right next to Scarlett. "Hey girl. What's up with you? You got a big smile on your face." Scarlett said. "Oh, it's nothing." I said with a content sigh.

Luhan's POV

I ate my breakfast quickly as I thought about the girl and Kris sitting together. I looked at my watch, it read 9:45. Crap. I quickly got up and paid for my bill at the front register then jogged to my car. I was not going to be late. I got in my car and sped off. I pushed on the pedal, making my car accelerate even faster, passing a red light. Shit. I turned around to see if there were any cops in the area but luckily for me, none were spotted. A few moments later, I arrived at the school, I parked my car and jogged to class with my belongings in hand.

Maki's POV

I wonder where Luhan is, he's not here and he's going to be late. As soon as I thought that, I saw Luhan walk in the door. He looked at me, our eyes locked. For some reason I felt like I couldn't look away. He walked up to me, running his fingertips against my wrist. "Hey there beautiful." He seductively whispered. I blushed and hid my face, I heard him snicker as he sat down behind me.

Scarlett POV

I watched Luhan come up to Maki, he was totally looking at her in a seductive way. Boys will be boys I thought. Poor Maki, she seems uncomfortable. I poked her, "Are you okay?" I whispered. She smiled at me and nodded, "Yeah, how about you?" "I'm great." I beamed. I felt Luhan eyeing us from behind. I felt tense and decided to stop talking.

Luhan POV

I tried to concentrate in class, I really did but it's hard when you have a pretty girl like Maki in front of you. Even though I was staring at her back, she still looked beautiful, and I just kept envisioning her face, which made me smile. God, what is wrong with me?! How can I like her? She's so weird. I slapped my face several times, trying to knock myself some common sense but nothing seemed to work. I decided to text Kris, I really wanted to find out who he was with this morning.

To: Cold Guy Kris

Sub: Hey where were you this morning?

"Hey man, are you at the buffet now taking care of business?"

A few moments later, my phone vibrated, luckily for me, Kris was a fast texter.

From: Cold Guy Kris

Sub: Re: Where were you today?

"Yes gege, I'm here and I took Maki out to breakfast. I wanted to treat her nicely on your behalf since you were a dick. :)"

I reread the text over and over again. Me, a dick? No. I'm nice, maybe I was a little rude but a dick? Pft, that's an exaggeration. I felt mad. I'm not going to let this guy steal my girl... Even though she's not mine, at least not yet.

Author POV

Finally class is over, Luhan is  the first one to leave the class, while Maki and Scarlett stayed behind. "Thanks for helping me, Scarlett." Maki mumbled. The professor had already left and it was just the two of them in class. "It's fine." Scarlett said.

Meanwhile, Luhan is walking quick to the parking lot, he sees Kris' car. He fast walks to it and notices Kris sleeping in the driver seat, Fantastic Baby by Big Bang was playing lowly with his windows down. "This guy." Grumbled Luhan.

Kris POV

I looked at the time, it was 30 minutes till 2, the buffet wasn't too crowded, so I told my fellow employee, Alex, to take care of the place for me. I walked out and got in my car, driving to USC to pick up Maki, to surprise her again of course.

I arrived to the school early, quickly parking the car. I plugged my iPhone in the car and picked a playlist to play while I waited for her. I opened the window to get a good feel of this Californian breeze, and tilted my head back, closing my eyes, slowly dozing off.

20 minutes later, I hear an angry voice yelling at me, I couldn't recognize it at first because everything sounded far away so I opened my eyes sleepily and saw an angry Luhan in front of me. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Shouted Luhan. Crap, I wasn't trying to get noticed by Luhan because I figured this would of happened. I cleared my throat, "Waiting for Maki." Luhan hearing that seemed to make him more irritable. "Is she your girlfriend?!" Asked Luhan. I shook my head. "Then you better stop acting like she is, I'm going to make her mine." Luhan said calmly. This bitch, I thought.

Out of nowhere I saw Maki and some girl walking together, chatting happily.
"Maki!" I yelled, Luhan turned around to look at Maki and waved at her.

Maki POV

While Scarlett and I walked through the hallways of the school, I told her what happened this morning and why I was so happy. She looked at me, "Oh my gosh! He sounds perfect." "That's because he is." I replied. "So do you like him?" Scarlett asked. I paused and looked at her, "As a bias, yes.. But as a boyfriend, I don't know. I think I'd just see him as a friend." "A what?" I bit my lip, "Do you listen to K-Pop?" She shook her head and I sighed and then explained to her the basics of being a K-Pop fan.

Out of nowhere, I heard someone yell my name and turned to the direction it came from. There he was, Kris Wu YiFan, yelling my name excitedly, while Luhan stood by him, waving at me. "It's him." I whispered to Scarlett.

Scarlett POV

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him. This is the guy who took her out, this is the guy who probably likes her and seems like such a sweetheart, this is the guy who was a K-Pop star in some successful band named EXO. I watched his every move. "Hey Maki." I heard him say. I saw him look at me, our eyes locked and I felt my heart beat fast and hard.

Thump thump thump

It became quiet, I felt everyone's eyes on me, "Hello." I said shyly. "Hello.." His voice trailed off but boy, I could've sworn him say under his breath, "beautiful." "My names Kris." He said while extending his hand towards me, I shook it, "I'm Scarlett."

"So what are you doing here, Kris?" I heard Maki ask while I stared at him, he as well couldn't keep his eyes off me, then slowly turned to Maki, "I was going to offer you a ride." "But it's okay now, because I can give you the ride." Said Luhan and with that, he grabbed Maki's hand and dragged her away. She waved back at me, shouting "Bye Scarlett!"

I was left alone with Kris and I didn't mind that one bit.

Omo, such a long chapter yes? I'm sorry I just had so much thought for this one. I hope you enjoy this chapter, please vote, comment, and add this story to your library! <3

P.S. I've made a EXO fanpage on Instagram, so if you'd like to follow, it's @otp12forever

P.S.S. I'm planning on writing a special chapter of the guys back in Korea, I mean, we can't forget about them now. Haha <3

Sayonara~