Dog Walk

(Dadvid)

David

I woke up to the sound of the door closing. I swung my feet to the side of my bed. Why would Max be up at 3 in the morning?

Unless...

I jumped up to my feet, grabbed the pocket knife that played on the table near my door, and rushed to the entrance of the house. The door was cracked open, which didn't settle my nerves. Then, I noticed the dogs were gone, so I began to worry that somebody stole our babies. That's when I saw something move near the bushes outside. I walked out the door and carefully crept up to the area. 

"Hello? Is someone there?"

That's when a boy with a blue hoodie came out with a Blue Heeler and a German Shepard.

Max: Put the knife down, you psycho! It's just me!

"Max? What are you doing out here this early?"

Max: The fucking dogs won't stop whining, so I took them out. It was a bad idea to sleep in the living room.

"Why were you in the living room?"

Max: Um...I just needed some company, that's all.

"Aw. Bad dream?"

Max shook his head as he was about to cry. I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave a warm smile.

"It's okay, Max. I've been there. Do you want to talk about it?"

Max shook his head again, and I reached for the other leash he was holding, which was attached to the Blue Heeler. As the dogs led us to wherever they wanted to go, Max and I chatted about his nightmare to make him feel better.

------

Guys I LOVE Dadvid!! He's like the father I never had :)