♪ One ♪

Chapter 1 - Meet

TW! Swearing

- Words: 832

Steve's POV -

It was a normal day at Family Video. Me and Robin were having some laughs, and occasionally playing on the old computer, typing in random stuff to see where it takes us. Nothing was going wrong, customers were kind, and easy to work with. Until two people that I absolutely despise walk in the door, making a high pitched 'ding!'

I turn around smiling, getting ready to greet my customers. "Hey! Welcome to-" I start, opening my eyes to see two very familiar faces. Jonathan Byers, and Nancy Wheeler. Robin looks at me, and looks at them. "Uhm, sorry about him- Welcome to Family Video!" She says awkwardly, scratching the back of her head as I send multiple death glares at both of them. "Its so nice to have you!" Robin continues, trying to disturb the disturbing silence between us. She nudges my arm a little too hard, making me wince and flinch, whispering an 'ow!' Towards Robin. She looks at me seriously, as I groan and look back at them. I say effortlessly, "Welcome to Family Video, have a good time I guess." before walking to the back. "You haven't changed a bit, Harrington. Still an asshole?" I hear Jonathan mutter, and I jerk my head back. Robin laughs uncomfortablely, "Please don't fight in here." She says, looking between us. I roll my eyes, and walk to the back. I can literally feel Jonathan smirk, and walk off with Nancy.

It makes me angry. That they're happy together. Its just not fair, I mean, Jonathan took pictures of us, naked! How can she just all of a sudden fall in love with someone who too- "Hey! Asshat! What the hell was that!?" Robin bursts in, interrupting my thoughts, also making me jump, and look at her quickly. I groan, "Its none of your bus-" I say, before Robin quickly cuts me off, "Dont hit me with that shit, it is my business, because they are our customers, which includes me!" She states, making a lump form in my throat. "So? Are you gonna tell me why the fuck you were so pissy in there?" She asks me. I swallow the lump, and look at her in the eyes. "No. I'm not, because its my personal life, and I don't feel comfortable telling you. Sorry, but its just, hard for me." I say, my words make Robins face go soft, and she nods. "Okay, well if you ever want to tell me, im here. Just please apologize?" She asks. I quickly shake my head furiously, "No. I am NOT apologizing when he called me an asshole first!" I say.

Robin drags me to the front desk, where Nancy and Jonathan stand with their items. Robin whispers into my ear, "Now, you are going to check them out, and apologize before they leave. No buts." she says it with a low voice, my face clearly making a reaction, which makes Nancy and Jonathan wonder what she told me. Another lump forms in my throat, visible for Jonathan to see. I sigh, and groan once more, before swallowing the lump in my throat. I start taking the items, and checking them out. I occasionally glance back at Robin, waiting for her to nod. "Your total is $4.36.." I say, glancing back at Robin, seeing her nod. I swallow another lump, before glancing back at Jonathan, already seeing him looking straight into my eyes. My eyes widen a little, my cheeks flushing a light pink. I shake my head, and look at them. "And hey, uhm.. I wanted to say sorry. For uhm, being a.. Asshole..." I mumble, gaining attention from Nancy and Jonathan. Jonathan smirks, and looks at me. "What? I couldn't hear you." He says, I mumble something only I could hear, which makes Robin pull my ear, "owow-ow!- owww! Okay-okay!!" I yelp, making Robin let go of my ear. "I said, Jonathan, Im. Sorry." Saying it more clear. Jonathan smirks. "Well, Harrington, I don't forgive you." He says, walking away with Nancy. I clench my fists, digging my fingernails into my palm. "Fuck you, Byers!!" I yell over to them. They get in their car, and drive off.

"Well you two surely have a grudge against each other.." I hear Robin say as I turn around. I roll my eyes, and slump into the chair. "Ya think?" I say sarcastically. Robin laughs, "Yeah, I do. You guys could make a good couple, yknow-" She starts, I cut her off immediately, my face flushed with dark red. "NoNoNo!!- Never! Jonathan and Nancy are dating- and no- ew. I'm straight- so never neverever-" Robin laughs louder this time, "You are getting wayyy too protective!" I pout. "If I ever see him again, - which I probably will - ill kick his ass." I say. Robin glances at me. "Yeaahhhh surree.." She says sarcastically. I glare at her. "I will!!" I say seriously.

"sure you will."