CHAPTER 1.7

CHAPTER 1.7

"Hm." Xiao Teng put down the newspaper and stood up from the sofa, "Are you all ready?"

"Yes, Madam Rong and Young Master Rong Liu will arrive later."

Although Xiao Teng's complexion didn't look good when he heard the word "Rong", in fact, he did a lot of business with the Rong family in the first half of the year.

Because even if the conditions are severe and the profits are pressed to the minimum, the other party is willing to accept it, but the Leader, contrary to expectations, was clear-headed and everything was done methodically. It is impossible to find a partner of this kind.

It doesn't matter whether Rong Liu is making up for what happened or trying to curry favor, or has ulterior motives. From the point of view of interests, Xiao Teng wouldn't be polite.

People from the business world are the most realistic. Originally, the two were unfamiliar with each other, but in just a few months, their relationship became warm, and actively cooperating with each other, with frequent lively and intimate exchanges.

So this time when Rong Liu was about to come, although he thought about it for a few days, he had no energy to deal with the man but he still had to entertain him personally.

In the disguised calm and peaceful atmosphere, a girl's high-pitched voice came from upstairs.

"Bastard! I hate you!"

Secretary Wang Jing listened to the sound of the door being kicked. Seeing the bulging veins on

the Master's forehead, *his heart was filled with alarm.

"Master, is the Young Lady there, alright?"

Xiao Teng stretched his wrist to put on his watch, and said coldly, "Leave her alone."

He just had a fight with his eldest daughter.

No, it was only Xiao Pu who was throwing a fuss. He just said one line coldly, "Be good and stay" from beginning to end.

A sixteen-year-old girl going to that kind of all-night party, no father would agree.

*Teens in the prime of their youth *don't know the limit of their abilities, and have no idea that they might be the next victim of an evildoer .

Their favorite hobby is breaking taboos. If they aren't allowed to smoke, they would still smoke. If they aren't allowed to drink, they would still drink, furthermore, there are still a lot of things they should not do but still insist on doing.

She didn't know how dangerous it was to be with men after drinking.

Of course Xiao Teng won't explain so much to her. As soon as the door was locked, he left her to figure it out on her own.

Thinking back now, when her wife gave birth to the twins, she went through a cesarean section. It is said that a child who wasn't born through the birth canal wouldn't be able to withstand the pressure in the future.

Then, is Xiao Lin's feng shui not good too?

He has four children, Xiao Yin and Xiao Pu are the eldest twins, each with good looks inherited from their parents.

Xiao Yin looks the most like him, but his personality is completely different. He is a boy with a gentle personality, he is soft on the outside but tough on the inside.

Xiao Pu was born with thick curly hair similar to her mother. She was a pretty and charming 16 year old girl, who was eager to grow up. Her words, deeds, dresses and makeup are all the styles of a mature woman, and when she dresses, she's like a supermodel at a fashion show.

None of this matters. The question is, as a father, who wouldn't vomit blood when he sees a picture of his daughter in a hot bikini in the newspaper. It became a joke that the eldest daughter of the Xiao family

is going to participate in a beauty contest.

The second daughter, Xiao Lin, is two years younger. She has no bad personality, and is also smart. She can be regarded as the most sensible one. But Xiao Teng has a headache for her. She cuts her hair the same as boys, never wears skirts, and insists on wearing the school's boys uniforms, and often wears Xiao Yin's clothes.

Only Xiao Zi is the most well-behaved. She is still young, she's like a jade, her hair a heavy satin-black, neat bangs, and doe eyes. As all fathers wished, she was like a quiet little princess, playing the piano upstairs for two hours a day, learning ballet, learning to paint, and designing clothes for Barbie.

But she is too quiet and well-behaved, never crying and acting like other children, calm to the point of indifference.

Obviously, they were children with his own blood flowing in their veins, but he could never see what they were thinking. From the obedient baby at birth, to the current noisy individual who is arguing about "independence" and "ego", what is the problem?

When Xiao Teng got into the car, he finally couldn't help rubbing his forehead.

He's already thirty-eight years old this year, and there are four young children in their rebellious phase or close to that phase, and he's worried that he would suddenly become a grandfather at some point. If things continue to be like this, he will probably grow white hair in advance.

Every time the conflict with his children ended, he would feel that even without Rong Liu, his life might not be smooth. Therefore, it doesn't matter if there is one more added.

Thinking like this, Master Xiao Teng made an effort to calm his mood, and when he saw the young man's cute smile, he politely nodded his head in courtesy.

The dinner went smoothly. Rong Liu's mother came in person this time. Since she is an elder, Xiao Teng did not dare to neglect her anyway. She is over fifty and is still elegant and beautiful. Although she is kind and polite, she is accustomed to giving orders after all, and there is still a faint deterrent in her words.

______________

Wifi went down for a few days, gotta take my removal exam on Monday.. fuck my life.

* 心惊肉跳 - lit. heart alarmed, body leaping (idiom); fear and trepidation in the face of disaster

* 年轻气盛 - full of youthful vigor (idiom); in the prime of youth

不知天高地厚 - not to know the immensity of heaven and earth; an exaggerated opinion of one's own abilities