1- welcome back

A/N: If you see any misspelled words, misused punctuation, or a sentence that doesn't make sense, let me know in the comments.

Melira's Pov:

Summer is over, and the first day of junior year awaits.

I'm one of those people who wakes up energetic and ready to start the day. However, I am not one of those people with loving and grateful parents.

My parents basically despise my existence.

Especially when it comes to school and I really try my best. If they see me with a 98% on my report card or progress report, they'd say that I'm not even trying.

That's a total lie.

I've been trying so hard since I was a kid and I have never gotten below a 98%, never gotten detention, or suspended. My parents were always so proud of me that I was able to keep my grades that high.

That was until I reached high school. I still got 98's but my parents weren't proud of it anymore because my grades were just "staying the same".

It's different for my brother, Tatum though. My parents don't expect anything from him, yet they're always proud of him. Tatum could open the door for them and they'd make a big deal out of it. I don't get why they expect so much from me and not him, I stay up late every night just to study and pass my classes. Is that not enough?

There's really only one person who shows they care about me or that they're proud of my accomplishments.

My best friend, Elmay.

She's been my best friend since elementary. We're very different which is probably what makes us such a perfect fit. We do have one thing in common though, our eye color. It'd be hard to tell whether our eye is grey or blue, but we know that it's grey. Elmay actually knows everything about me.

Except one thing.

***

I just finished taking a shower and doing my hair, so now I just have to pick an outfit. Due to my basic sense of style, i decided to wear joggers and a grey-fitted crop top. As long as I'm comfortable, I am good to go.

I sprayed a little of my "sweet like candy" perfume on me, then put on lip balm so my lips don't get chapped. I stare at the makeup i have, organized on my dresser for a moment and honestly, i don't know why I have so much. The only times you'll see me wearing makeup is at parties, or a special event.

**

When I'm finished with my look, I gather my things and put them all in my bag. I pick up my phone and check for any messages.

1 message from Elmay. I unlock my phone and tap on the notification.

"I'll be there a little later then usual because my car is broken LOL" It said.

"Girl then how are you going to get here?" I replied but got no answer in return.

~~~

*20 minutes later*

Its 6:50, and Elmay told me they're waiting outside. By "they're" i'm guessing she meant her and Chris.