3- change

A/N: If you see any misspelled words, misused punctuation, or a sentence that doesn't make sense, let me know in the comments.

Melira's Pov:

Today was so awkward between Colin and I. Some things changed between us because we're so... different around each other.

At the gym earlier, I actually thought he wanted to kiss me. I know damn well I wanted to kiss him, even though he's always been a pain in the ass.

On my walk home, he was pretty much all I could think of. His honey brown eyes, and his shiny brown fluffy hair. The tattoo on his arm. That is what catches my eye most of the time. I'm curious on why he got it, and when. I know it had to be during the time he left but-

"Why hello, little sis," Tatum says out of nowhere, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You scared the shit out of me."

"No hug?" he says sarcastically and I roll my eyes, wrapping my arms around him. Tatum is one of my best friends, but he's in college so he's rarely home. He's the one my parents adore. They would never treat him, how they treat me.

"Mom and dad still giving you a hard time?" he asks heading to the kitchen, with me following behind. "Yeah but you know, I just try and avoid them most of the time," I replied, and he shows me a concerned look.

I raise both my hands halfway in the air. "Don't worry, I can handle them." He shows me a slight smile.

"Don't let them put you down, Mel. Keep the good grades and eventually, they'll realize that what you're already doing is good enough." I scoff. "Anyways" he trails off.

"Any new... boys?" he says the last part with amusement causing me to let out a soft chuckle. "Well, kind of..." I say nervously.

"WHO?" he shouts and I shush him, telling him that mom and dad are sleeping. "You remember Elmays brother right?" his eyes widen. "NOOOO..."

I nod trying to hide the heat that rose to my cheeks. "I'm just kidding, Mel."

"What do you mean?" I asked, tilting my head slightly to the right while raising a brow.

"I knew you liked Colin since we- well you guys.. were kids. You were very bad at hiding it." he laughs and I slap him on the shoulder. "I've been waiting for you to admit it and you finally did." he shakes his head with a grin plastered on his face.

Of course Tatum knew.

As Tatum walks away, I start to reminisce. The good moments I used to have with Colin. Not only him but with Elmay and Chris as well. Our group needs to have some fun together like before.

***

The next day, Elmay drove us to school. She had mentioned that Colin was brooding about something last night and that he wouldn't tell anyone, so she went to check on him this morning, and he had already left.

The first thing I thought of when she told me that was his knuckles yesterday. They were pretty roughed up, which means he either hit someone or something. I wonder what's wrong with him.

"HEY MEL!" someone shouts when I enter the building. I look around for whoever just called out for me, but instead of finding the person, my eyes are met with Colins. His friends on the football team are talking to him, but he's just staring at me.