13. "You Have To Go"

"Nandini..." Manik called out seeing her arrange the breakfast table as he was getting ready to leave for hospital.

"Haan Manik..." She said without turning to him.

"You will be leaving in another 3 days..." He said and she dropped the spoon in her hand and turned to him in shock.

"What...!? Par kyun...!??" She asked making him frown and he said "What kyun...? Your father is returning...and the next week is your marriage...Forgot...!??"

She gulped and asked "Mathlab sach mein you are sending me away...!??"

"That's what I have promised you...Will send you after 3 weeks...Hai na...!?" He asked and her eyes brimmed with tears as she asked "Do you even love me...!??"

"Nandu" He called out but she showed her palm to stop him and said "Don't say that you love me ever again..."

Before he could say anything, she went to her room and locked the door. He sighed looking at the closed door and walked out.

By evening, he came back home and saw everything untouched on the dining table and the door was still closed. He knocked on it and there was no response.

He sighed and knocked again calling "Nandu...Please open the door..."

"Please Nandu" He called again.

"Just once...Give me a chance to talk..." He said and she didn't move.

"Please bacha..." He said and it worked. She wiped her tears and opened the latch and sat at the same place on her bed.

He stepped in and sat beside her and tried to touch her hand but she withdrew it.

"Please listen to me once...The first day when I got you here, I have promised you to send once it's time...Now, it's time...You have to go...I asked a chance to get to know each other...We spent time...known about each other...I have expressed myself...I have already told you many times that I lo..." He said but interrupted when she stopped him yet again "Don't you dare say that..."

He closed his eyes for once and then said "Okay fine...I will not say that again...I have never said it and that's the reason we are here...Bachpan se...After leaving school, I used to come every week just to see you from distance...I was always there but never tried to reach you...My mistake...I agree...But tell me one thing Nandu...Why are you hurt when I said you have to leave...!? You love Arnav...you toh didn't even want to stay here...Tumhari love, shaadi you said everything that day... and when I said you can leave, why are you worried...!?? Why all this...!?"

"Because" She said but stopped.

"Because what...!?" He asked and she turned her face away.

He chuckled sadly and said "Stay here only if you are ready to say it out...and I won't stop you from leaving..."

He stood to leave and looked at her again and said "Even if you believe it or not...let me tell you this for one last time...I love you..."

She closed her eyes letting her tears fall down and waited till he shut the door only to sob louder. He wiped his tears and went to his room and just then Anitha knocked on his door.

"Manik sir...Why don't you tell her that you have met her father long back...and he didn't agree...!?" She asked and he looked at her with a sad smile.

"I don't want to push the blame on someone else...Her father wants an heir to his empire and not a good husband to his daughter...That's the reason he said not to meet him or Nandini again when I went to meet him years back...But then...It was my mistake...I was so stupid that I didn't make my move when I had a chance...I just stood at distance and let someone come into her life...And now...it's my responsibility to save her from a wrong relationship..." He said with tears in his eyes.

"Save toh aap karoge I know that...But what if she doesn't come back to you...!?" She asked and he replied "What's meant for you, will come back to you for sure..."

Anitha sighed and turned to leave but stopped when Manik said "Please don't say anything to Nandini...I will tell her when the time comes..."

She nodded and left.

Few days later, it was time for Nandini to leave and Manik waited in his car. She hugged Anitha and bid bye to her and sat silently in the car glancing at the house for one more time.

"Shall we go...!?" He asked and she looked at him and said "Any other choice...!?"

He sighed and started the car while her mind replayed all the memories that she spent with Manik all these days. Tears rolled down unknowingly and she didn't care to wipe them off while he turned to the other side to wipe his own tears.

He stopped the car once they reached her home and called her "Nandu"

She came out of her thoughts and looked at the surroundings and then at him realizing that she should get down.

She gulped and said "Thanks Manik...I don't know your reasons behind doing all these...but thanks for everything..."

He gave a simple nod and she got down from the car and walked inside without looking back and he drove off with tear filled eyes.

He stopped the car at a secluded place and bent his head on the steering to cry his heart out for letting her go once again.

Ignore mistakes...

Story will be ending in another 2 parts...Shower your love as the next update is ready...:P