003

Chapter 3
❝Your name is Cam Cameron?❞

Daphne and Conrad walk behind the two best friends, taking in the first bonfire of the Summer.

As Daphne moves to grab a drink Conrad grabs her wrist, making her look over at him as he says, "Absolutely not."

"Why not?" She whined, Conrad scoffs, "You don't know how to handle alcohol."

"Okay, first of all, I was like 15 that time, secondly, that night ended pretty great if you ask me."

Conrad blushes, remembering them kissing in a game of spin the bottle. "Well, hopefully this night ends like that one did, too."

"Oh wow, we're getting bold, aren't we?" she asks with raised eyebrows, "or are you just crazy high?"

"A little bit of both."

"Conrad!"

The two teens turn their heads searching for the voice and find none other than Nicole. Conrad holds his groan while Daphne smirks and whispers, "Goodluck with that."

"He's all yours Nicole!"

"Daph don't you da -, hey Nicole!"

She walks a couple steps away from them so they could catch up, considering they were basically dating last Summer before they all went separate ways. Looking up while drinking and observing the scene, she grimaced when she saw a couple not too far from tearing each other's clothes off.

"Disgusting, isn't it?" A voice interrupts her, "Daphne, right?"

She looks next to her, finding the voice that belongs to a cute boy she's seen surfing during past summers. "That's right, and you are?"

"Anthony."

"Well Anthony, it's nice to finally put a name to the face."

"You recognize me?"

Daphne laughs, "Yeah, how could I forget a cute guy who also surfs?"

He grins, "You know, I've been wanting to talk to you for like two years but never got the chance, you were always off-limits."

"Off-limits?" she questions with a frown, "only last Summer."

"Always with the Fisher's though," he laughs, "it's kind of intimidating. Anyways, how about I get your number and another drink?"

"Yeah, sure! Can you get me a,"

Conrad cuts in swinging his arm around her shoulder, "Nothing, I got her. Thanks for the offer though, Anthony."

Daphne scowls as Conrad practically drags her to the other side of the bonfire, pulling her down to sit in front of him in the sand.

"You asshole!" she whispered angrily, "He was super cute and offering me a drink, for free!"

"You already have one."

"It's practically finished!"

"Then I'll get you another one."

She huffs at his stubbornness, but also feels a warmth in her chest. "Fine."

Time passes by quickly when it's just her and Conrad, talking about everything and nothing and things in between. The next thing they know, they're 4 drinks when they hear Steven yelling, and a girl being pushed to the ground in front of them.

Belly glances up and scoffs when she sees Conrad and Daphne sitting so close to each other.

Daphne quickly stands up, holding an arm out for Belly to take but frowns when she ignores it and stands up herself.