Chapter 7

Back on the ground, everyone wondered where they were. They seemed worried about what happened to them.

Meanwhile, the news crew saw the wreckage of the machine and it had been destroyed at last. "It looks like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends has just avoided total destruction," the news reporter responded to the camera.

"Oh dear!" Mr Herriman cried.

"Where are Mac, Yuki, Ame and Bloo?" Frankie asked nervously.

"Co co co coco. [They might be alive,]" Coco chirped.

"I hope they're okay too, Coco," Madame Foster replied.

"Hey, there's Bloo!" Goo cried, pointing to something coming out of the smoke. Bloo comes over to them, carrying Mac in his arms. Yuki and Ame are alive as well. But Mac was very still as if he had gone limp.

"Guys!" Yuki cried. She ran up to them and hugged them with all her might. She was relieved that they are okay.

"Azul, is Senor Mac okay?" Ed asked them.

"I don't know, Ed," Bloo squeaked. He laid Mac on his back as he and the sisters leaned close to Mac's body. "He won't wake up."

"Mac? You okay, pal?" Yuki asked.

Mac doesn't move an inch or open his eyes. "Mac? Can you hear me, buddy?" Bloo nervously said. Mac still doesn't respond. Bloo shakes him. "Mac, answer me!" For a few minutes, he lays Mac back down, lifts his right arm and lets it go. He gasps in horror as it drops lifelessly to the ground. "He's... d... DEAD!!!"

Everyone gasps in shock.

"Oh... Mac.." Frankie gasped, tears leaking down.

Goo started to break out sobbing. "No..."

Claylick and Eduardo burst out in tears. Wilt tries to comfort them while he and Springbon cries too. Coco cries as well, wrapping a sobbing Lampy in her wings. Cheese started to burst into tears and wailed. Madame Foster sobs sadly. Mr. Herriman takes off his hat. "Master Mac gave his very life to save us all..." he said softly.

Bloo cries as he lies to his best friend. All the other imaginary friends cry too as they mourn for Mac. Bloo sits Mac up and hugs him dearly. Finally, Mac opens his eyes. He looks at Bloo as he continues hugging him and keeps crying.

"Oh, Mac, you can't die!" he wailed. 'Please, come back to me. You're my bestest buddy in the whole world."

"You're.... my best friend too, Bloo," Mac spoke weakly.

Everyone gasps in surprise, followed by Bloo. Bloo lifted his head and gasped, his blue eyes were wide. "Mac! You're alive, buddy!"

Everyone lifted their heads up and beamed. "He's alive!" Goo gasped.

"I can't believe it!" Frankie cheeped.

"I'm sorry, but Mac's alive?"

"Co coco! [It's a miracle!]"

"Aye Chihuahua!"

"Oh, how wonderful!" Madame Foster beamed.

"Thank heavens." Mr. Herriman sighed with relief.

"Yay!" Cheese cheered.

"Splendid," Duchess said monotonously.

"I can't believe he almost died," Al responded.

"It's true," Yuki replied.

"Oh, Mac, I thought I lost you," Bloo sobbed as he hugged his best friend.