Chapter 26

In the middle of the night, people are usually sleeping, and if not, they're probably meditating. Opening the back mountain gates didn't alert anyone, so Bai Yang and his team were able to swiftly enter the Black Cloud Gate.

From there, Bai Yang followed the marks left behind by Elder Qiu, toward the North. After seeing a map of the Black Cloud Gate, he knew that north led to the sect's Forbidden Grounds, which wasn't open to outsiders.

The boundary pillar should be there.

Bai Yang brought people to break into the Forbidden Grounds because there are formation arrays in the area as well. Someone else might not be able to get past the arrays. However, the one who came was Xie Ze Tian, one of the Four Demon Generals. He was not only knowledgeable on arrays but, more importantly, he's strong, so he'll be able to forcefully break the arrays.

Thus, the group of people smoothly entered the Forbidden Grounds.

However, the Forbidden Grounds were forbidden, after all. Forcing things would be noisy, and would probably alert the sect.

After Bai Yang entered, he found the Forbidden Grounds filled with graves. They should be the tombs of Sect Leaders or elders. If an uninformed person walked in, they might think the Forbidden Grounds were just filled with tombs of elders, without thinking much about it. They might even directly turn and leave.

Bai Yang knew, however, that the boundary pillar was buried in one of the graves.

"Sorry."

He wouldn't do it, but he wouldn't stop it, either. The situation was urgent, and Xie Ze Tian, in accordance with his character, would destroy everything. Bai Yang ordered, "Destroy the graves!"

When the group received his order, they began to break everything.

For a time, every quiet grave was turned upside down.

"Who dares disturb the Forbidden Grounds?"

Just as Bai Yang was about to help, a grave in the middle cracked open. A figure burst out and rushed to attack Bai Yang.

Bai Yang fell back, but several graves busted open in succession around him, and human figures leaped out.

Seeing people leap from the graves, Bai Yang's pupils contracted-When did they hide inside?

Elder Qiu didn't mention that, but he didn't know if it was a mistake or sabotage.

Bai Yang hadn't sensed anyone aside from his own men, so, in the situation of a surprise attack, his only possible strategy was to retreat.

There's no way around it, he had to force through.

"Don't worry about me. I don't even put these small fries in my eyes! You guys continue to search for the boundary pillar!" Bai Yang shouted. His whole body shook with magic and his hair and clothing were caught in a fierce dance. Strong demonic magic engulfed the Forbidden Grounds.

"It's a demon!" Those who had burst from the graves were alarmed. "Not good. The Demons are invading! They want to destroy the boundary pillar!"

"I will protect the boundary pillar with my life!"

Those people screamed in unison and attacked Bai Yang together, recognizing him as the leader and the strongest of the group. Only by working together to kill him could they even think of killing the rest of the group.

Bai Yang finally got a good look at them. He'd been ambushed by ten old men with receding lines of white hair and old, wrinkly skin. They wore ancient Black Cloud Gate attire.