Introduction

'There he is again, why is he so scuffed?'

I saw my best friend sitting on the same bus we share as usual, sitting in our seat near the back right under the AC so then we could not die on our way to school, which was a 30 minute drive due to us living near the outskirts of town. It's a small town, really.

We have a basketball team, the Hunters. Yeah, weird right? Some schools are cool like the Vikings or some shit but no, our school is Hunterville high school and well the principal was so uncreative that he took the name of the town and made it our mascot.

Besides of that, Gon was the main shooter of our Basketball team and because of him we haven't lost in a year or two, I don't know how he manages to do so well with his supposed clumsiness. Every other day I swear I see another bandage on him or a scratch! He always shrugs it off but seriously how the hell is he still good at sports!

'Killua? Come on! The seat will be cold!'

I snapped out of my thoughts and gave him a warm smile as I shuffle down to sit next to him and prop my backpack in my lap as he always gets the window seat. I look over at him and he gave me a smile back. His smile is so beautiful. Oh- uh- in a not gay way. But still, his left cheek was scraped again and I let out a deep sigh and looked at the dark blue leather seat back infront of me. Our thighs were squished together due to the small seats.

I honestly have a bad feeling about this all. Not school, I mean with Gon. It just feels... off. Sometimes he doesn't come to school for a couple days in a row, I'm never allowed at his house, he has such a early strict curfew, he doesn't eat school lunch, he doesn't even know most of the references I make about our favorite manga anymore!! It's like... Something changed.

Something happened with his aunt and grandma so he lives with his dad I think, his mom died when he was born so his dad has to work a lot and I've honestly never met him. Whenever I mention him to Gon, his whole body tenses up. Shouldn't mean anything, right..?

.. right?