ᴛʜᴇ ᴜᴍʙʀᴇʟʟᴀ.

She forgot to bring her umbrella. Snow was falling down on her head and when she looked up, two umbrellas were covering the cold cloudy skies. She already knew who her saviors were that day. It was the couple, Yusei and Sota. She got one of the umbrellas from them and the couple shared under one. She watched them getting sweeter as the day passed by. Seeing them together reminds her of her past.

"Why don't you carry me instead? My shoes will get wet." She said when they were at the doorway and looking at the pouring rain. He gave her the huge umbrella and squatted down to carry her on his back. She wrapped her arm around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder. She opened the umbrella and he started walking while carrying her.

"I don't know why you keep on wanting us to date when it is raining. We can stay home in this kind of weather." She added and he just smiled. He got her sling bag clinging around his neck and since he didn't answer anymore, she just kept quiet while they were on their way to the café downtown.

It wasn't that long since they finally arrived. People were looking at them, especially when he was still carrying her on his back. She felt shy and embarrassed. She saw his shoes drench with the rain and mud. She took her handkerchief from her sling bag to wipe it clean but he quickly got her wrist to stop her. He placed a peck on the tip of her nose before bumping his forehead on hers.

"Don't mind that. My shoes are washable." He remarked and this made her cheeks burn. They walked in the café and had their seats by the glass windows. He gave their orders to the waiter and he didn't let her speak anymore since he already knew what she would want to drink and eat.

She took her phone from her pockets and turned the screen on. How could she still use his photo as her phone wallpaper? It has been five years since the last time she saw him. The thought of having no communication with him, it killed her the first day she left that town. Is he still waiting for her? Perhaps, he got tired already. Internet connection made everything easier now but why is she having a hard time convincing herself to look for his social media accounts? It will just be a few clicks away.

"Julia-chan, you can return the umbrella next time." Sota said while smiling. She smiled back and nodded her head. She thanked the couple and they already parted ways. She doesn't know where to go now.

She looked at her phone screen again and when she arrived at the intersection, she stopped from her tracks. She doesn't know if she is dreaming. Her eyes can clearly see his figure from afar. He clenched his fists while staring at her. He was torn between walking in her life again and letting himself be forgotten. The moment he took steps towards her, he already knew what his decision was.

"I missed you so much." He whispered when he finally held her in his arms again. Her tears poured out and she gripped on his shirt tightly while hugging him back. She was stupid enough to let him wait for him for five years.

"It was my mistake to let you leave that place alone." He continued and she shook her head. She knew she had faults. She knew that she should have gone back there and stayed with him. She wanted to say so many things but she couldn't utter a word.

"Nacchan.." His nickname was the first word she had between him after those years. She cried harder when he kissed her forehead. He released her from the hug and wiped her tears. She felt the same warmth she craved for a long period of time when he held her hand.

He brought her to his apartment which he just rented a few days ago. His luggage is still at the side and he barely opened it unless he needed to change clothes. It was smaller compared to hers but she felt more comfortable there with him. His plan was to look for her but since he already found her, her next step is to find a job. He left his previous job after saving enough money.

"Are you.. going to stay here longer?" She asked and he served a cup of warm tea for her. He didn't bother to answer her question and he just rested his head on her lap. He reached for her hand and placed it on his hair.

"I didn't come back to you, Natsuki. Why did you look for me?" She asked once more, pulling her hand away from his grip. She surely knew that her words contradicted her feelings. She wanted to stay with him now that they found each other again but she felt like there was a huge empty gap between them.

"Because until now, I still love you." Were those words enough for her to tell him what her real feelings are? He sat up on the couch and looked at her. He was waiting for her to tell him that she still loves him.

"I don't have any more reason to go back to you, Natsuki." She bit her lips hard to prevent herself from crying. She was just lying and she was wishing that he would not believe what she just said.

"So, you don't love me anymore." She could see in his eyes that he wanted to cry but he smiled. It was painful. It was painful that he smiled. She nodded and stood up to leave as soon as possible.

"You're lying. I know you're lying. Tell me that you still love me. You still love me, right? You still love fighting me. You still love getting carried by me." He added when he chased and hugged her from behind.