Intro

AURORA WAS WASTED, and not the ametuer 'I've had a few cups of beer wasted' , God no, she was wasted, as in 'high as a kite and as drunk as a sailor' type wasted

AURORA WAS WASTED, and not the ametuer 'I've had a few cups of beer wasted' , God no, she was wasted, as in 'high as a kite and as drunk as a sailor' type wasted. The deafening music drowned her sorrows as her hips moved to the beat, her body pressed against the crowd. She was lost in herself, deciding once again to ignore all of her ever growing problem, that was the beauty she saw in alcohol, it makes you forget. It transports you to a different dimension, a world where your bestfriend isn't missing or where your parents aren't uptight assholes.

And before you start chastising her and calling her an addict, you should hear the full extent of her problems.

Now, it's probably best to start at the beginning, considering that's were all stories originate. Aurora's childhood wasn't bad, it was just lonely. Her parents moved around a lot, but they eventually moved to Rosewood when she was 10. To Rory, they were more strangers than her parents. They left the house early in the morning and came back well into the night, when they assumed their daughter was sleeping. In reality, ever since she turned fourteen she could usually be found drunk in some frat house or high at the Kahn's cabin.

Either way, her parents never checked to see if she was in her room. During the day she was left to her own devices, she had never even been dropped off to high school. Everyone else was fooled by the flashy smiles her mother and father gave out in the street, on countless occasions Aurora had been told how lucky she was to have such friendly parents. If only they knew.

However, just because her parents moved about the house like ghosts, only showing themselves when provoked by an innocent character in need of refuge, did not mean they had no rules for their daughter to follow. The list was stuck to the front of the fridge by a magnet her mother had brought home from yet another business trip.

RULE NUMBER ONE; NO UNDERAGED DRINKING
RULE NUMBER TWO; NO SMOKING
RULE NUMBER THREE; NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE
RULE NUMBER FOUR; NO PARTIES
RULE NUMBER FIVE; NO SNEAKING OUT
RULE NUMBER SIX; NO BOYS UPSTAIRS
RULE NUMBER SEVEN; BE BACK HOME BY TEN ON A SCHOOL NIGHT

Suprise, suprise, Aurora had decided to use it as a bucket list for summer 2009, and accomplished all of them with the help of Ali and their other friend Cece. The point is, if Rory's parents ever found out that she did drugs or drank alcohol she would probably be murdered. If they knew what she used to do when she told them that she was having a sleepover at Alison's house... then they would probably drag her down to hell themselves.

Aurora was perfectly fine being miserable while pleasing her parents until she met Alison Dilaurentis. She was the perfect girl next door, but then she met Ali and they just ...clicked. From then on it was always Aurora and Alison, they stuck together like glue, parading through middle school as if they were the queens of the world. They both brought out a new side in eachother, good and bad, they became practically untouchable, but that gained them more enemies than they wished for.

Soon enough, four more girls had joined their cliche, Emily, Hanna, Aria and Spencer. Rory and Alison had both agreed that all the girls would make good friends. They were all sweet, pretty and eager to win the approval of the two blondes. But none of them compared to Alison. None of them invited her on the family trips or helped her break all of the rules on her parent's list, none of the other girls kept her company when her parents went away for weeks on end. None of the girls were Ali, her sister in everything but blood.

And now she's gone. A haunting voice reminded her constantly.

That's why she fell down the rabbit hole into her very own wonderland made of magic mushrooms and smoke-filled air, trying to erase the fact that she was completely and utterly alone.

————————————————

Yeah. Aurora's got some issues.