1

it's my first day in prison. i'm 23, barely an adult. i've been to jail, multiple times... for driving while drunk and being high. i've been addicted to oxy since freshman year of highschool.

god, there was so much orange. there was a flood of new inmates, including me.

there was so many new inmates so we were just put in cubicles. i was put in a cube with this girl named nicky nichols. everyone used last names here so i was just "barlowe" and she was just "nichols"

i made my bed that i was assigned to and i put my toilet paper in my cabinet, along with toothpaste and a toothbrush. i hadn't met my roommate yet.

once i was done making my bed i sat down with my knees to my chest and i looked around

once i was done making my bed i sat down with my knees to my chest and i looked around. i was currently using, i had oxy in my system and it was wearing off, i was starting to sweat and my eyeliner was starting to run. i rested my head back against the wall and i closed my eyes, slightly shaking. i was trying to distract myself.

a girl with piggy curly blonde hair walked in, she rolled her eyes and laughed a bit.

"are you fucking serious? roomed with another junkie? god. i just got clean." she complained. she sat in her bed across from me and she eyed me

i looked over at her, i didn't say anything. i looked away from her.

"i wasn't trying to be mean. look, im sorry." she said "im nichols."

"i know. a guard told me when he put me here." i replied, still looking away from her

"what's your favorite? i prefer heroin over anything."

"oxy.. really any opiod. i've done heroin a lot but mainly just oxy." i fan myself with my hands, i was starting to sweat.

"i've been through this. go find a bathroom stall to puke in."

"i've been an addict since i was 14. i know how this works. im not usually a puker."

her eyes widened a bit. "14? wow, kid. i didn't start using till' 17. you were still a baby at 14."

"my dad is a doctor. i used to steal his prescription pad and write myself prescriptions for oxy.... till i met people who were dealers."

i kicked off my shoes, i layed down facing the wall and i tried sleeping.

————————

it was meal time... dinner.

they made a loud announcement that woke me up. i put on slippers and started walking to the cafeteria. i had the urge to vomit... unusual. i stopped walking and i turned to walk to the bathroom. nicky and luschek were near. she looked at him and he looked back at her. she walked up to him

"absolutely not. your not selling to her." she whisper-yelled

"what... i wasn't gonna." he said sarcastically

"you will. for the right amount of money.. or a blowjob"

"yeah. i will."

"don't. just let her get clean. she needs people, red will only let her in the family if she's sober."

"jeez fine. go eat dinner."

she nodded and walked away from him. i came out of the bathroom and looked at the gaurd, luschek looked back at me. i started walking to the cafeteria until he pulled me into an empty supply closet and closed the door.

"hey what the f-" i yelled, he covered my mouth

"chill out."

"god, i'm hungry let me eat."

"i've got some oxy. i heard a little somthing around the prison about your past. i can see your going through withdrawal."

"oxy? how much for it?"

"wow.... that was easy."

"come on man, how much for the pills."

"you can either pay $60 or give me a blowjob."

"i don't have any money. i just got here today and my money doesn't come through for another week."

"so, you know what to do."

———————

right before dinner ended a walked out of the closet with a baggie in my bra. nicky saw me and caught up with me.

"hey kid, where were you?" she asked

"i was sick.. i was in the bathroom puking." i replied.

"i'll buy you some water and tylenol from commissary tomarrow. my mom keeps my account stocked."

"i'm fine nichols, i'll get through it. i always do. like i've said, i've been through it before."

"i know but it's prison. you enjoy the little things in life."

"thanks..."

————————————-

author note....

i just started this boom (june 25 2022)

i'll have more out soon