𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒. (1. Bad Ending.)

|Third Person|

The Musashi Shrine.

That's where thirteen people gathered.

Sano Manjiro.

Ryuguji Ken.

Baji Keisuke.

Matsuno Chifuyu.

Mitsuya Takashi.

Shiba Hakkai.

Kawata Nahoya.

Kawata Souya.

Hanemiya Kazutora.

Inui Seishu.

Kurokawa Izana.

Hitto Kakucho.

Sano Shinichiro.

Those thirteen people, all hopeful in finding their forgotten, missing friend.

No.

He was more than a friend to all of them. He was their savior. Their 'Crybaby Hero'.

They planned and planned for hours that day.

But what they didn't know, was that their was a fourteenth person there, just under their noses.

|
|
|

In the distance, sitting on a branch was the very person they were there for.

Hanagaki Takemichi.

The black-haired boy's appearance was equal to that of a homeless man. However, homeless he was.

His black hair was long and messy, tied into a bun, his clothes plain and dirtied.

His once hopeful eyes, now dull with over a decade of emotions that could tell a 500 page story.

In order to keep himself under the radar, he hadn't owned a place since he graduated high-school. He sold his old home right out of school, and changed his name.

He was no longer Hanagaki Takemichi.

He was Hanako Tenko. Not far off from his real name, but just far enough to not be suspicious.

Though, knowing he sent a letter to the same genius mastermind who killed his loved ones in every timeline he was alive, he still made sure to stay as off the radar as possible, all the while still making a decent amount of income. Enough to get him by.

But was it enough?

He wondered.

He stayed in Shibuya these past thirteen years to keep an eye on his friends, make sure they stay happy.

He's been watching from afar this whole time, trying to keep them as happy as possible without involving himself.

He hated every bit of it.

He hated not being able to comfort them when they cried.

He hated not being part of their happiness.

He hated not being part of their lives.

But he knew he couldn't have it any other way.

Even after they received their memories, he still couldn't go to them.

He didn't want to interfere with the future he worked so hard to create.

He knew he couldn't be selfish here, even if he wanted to.

He wasn't about to risk every single damn thing he's worked for, just for his own selfish desires.

That wouldn't be very heroic of him.

Hero.

What actually makes a hero?

He couldn't answer that question.

Because he didn't know the answer, either.

What makes a hero?

Is it their kindness?

Their selflessness?

Their quick-thinking and smarts?

Their body, that moves to protect, even without thinking?

Whatever it was, apparently Takemichi had it.

But Takemichi didn't think he was kind.

He thought he was selfish.

Selfish for not thinking of how the others would react when they found out of his decision.

Could there have been an alternate timeline? Where he was with everyone, happy?

He wonders.

But he knew he had to stay away from them, no matter the cost.

Whatever alternate timelines their are, they're alternate for a reason.

The boy who messed with fate, time and time again, all to save the people he cared about.

The same boy that was erased from time itself.

That boy truly was,

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝐺𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠.

End.