𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸: 𝚁𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

Y/N's POV

As soon as you walk back into the Gymnasium, your coach is waiting for your list of accepted cheerleaders. You gave her the list and she was looking at it before agreeing with what you wrote in the observations you made.

"I see that you're still sharp even after all these years, Y/N, I applaud you for that." Your coach praised you, then she looked at the basketball court and saw that Jake was missing there. She looks back at you, "Can you go grab Jake? He's missing their routine if he won't come."

"Y-yes, coach. I'll let him."

You agreed because you couldn't protest about it. Jake already faced enough struggles today, so the only thing you did was just get him back on track. Walking into the hallway, you saw him lying down with books all over him and one covering his face. You pick up the books and put them on his side before picking up the book that is on his face, he looks miserable. Jake was looking at you and you rolled your eyes at him.

"Get up, will you? You look miserable enough," you advised, "Give your girlfriend some time, I'm sure she just had a lot on her plate." You pointed out, although you lied at the same time. I don't have time for such sob stories, you said to yourself.

"Why do you care?" Jake chided, you paced back and forth about whether, to tell the truth about whether the coach wanted him back on the court or not. But you already made a choice, "Will you stop going back and forth?" He chastised.

"Because this isn't you, Jake. We've known each other for a while now... being popular and all that," you lied, "What happened to you?" You argued.

"You don't know me, Y/N. My girlfriend knows me better than you do," he fumed at you.

"Right, but you don't know yourself either. Just get up, your coach is looking for you."

You reached out for him and he looked at it for a while before grabbing it to help himself stand, then it seemed like an idea popped off in his head and he looked at you wildly with a wicked grin on his face. You immediately realized it and scoffed.

"Don't even think about doing what's in your head right now, you're clearly out of your mind." You interrupted him and walked off.

"But it will work," Jake ensues, "You can be my girlfriend for a while and if my real girlfriend finds out and comes for me, then it's a win-win." You turned around to face him with your eyebrow raised at him.

"Do you even hear yourself? No wonder you're the 'bad boy'," you quoted in the air to emphasize it in Jake's face.

"Oh please, I wouldn't have come up with this decision if I wasn't a bad boy." He boasted and smiled as if he was stuck in 2015. He noticed your disgusted expression and he rolled his eyes at you, "Think about it for a while, I'll come up to you when I see you're ready."

Jake dusted off his uniform before waving goodbye at you with a smile, it seems that he had already forgotten that he was crying earlier on the floor with a book covering his face. With a defeated sigh, you went back to the Gymnasium to start your routine and it took you only a second to see him smiling at you. Great, now I'm involved in his mess. What a way to start the school year, you thought to yourself. One of the cheerleaders noticed it and looked at you.

"If you have something irrelevant to say, better shut it off before I make you quit cheerleading."

She immediately looks down and you start your drills with the newbies. You start with leg explosions: you start with your feet together before taking a slow dip until your knees reach a ninety-degree angle. You explode into the air without using your arms and land, gently absorbing back into your starting position. You executed it fifteen times in a row and some newbie cheerleaders are already exhausted by it.