𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻: 𝙶𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙷𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜

Jake's POV

Earlier...

"Someday, Jake, all of the things you've done during your Junior and Senior years will come back to you." Y/N reminded me as they stood and picked their bag up to give it to me, "Let's talk about the party happening tomorrow." They commanded as I walked up to my car to open the door for them, Y/N seemed to see in the window that my ex-girlfriend was standing. They snapped their heads as I just watched her.

"Jake, can we talk?" She asked nicely, I quietly followed her to the corner of the waiting shed.

"Are you doing okay?" I worryingly asked, "You can still change your mind—" she cut me off.

"Please be nice to her," she sniveled, "Y/N seems to be the perfect match for you. So please, be nice to her as you were nice to me." My brows knitted in anger at what she just said.

"What? Why are you— Can you just stop and come back to me? I can easily break it off with her, just say that you'll come back to me." I pleaded to her, she shook her head in disagreement.

"You have to let me go, Jake." She cried and walked away, I grabbed her wrist to stop her from going anywhere.

"Why are you saying that?" I fumed at her, "What made you give so easily? This isn't you!" I yelled at her, then a slap. I was surprised by it and even though she was surprised at what she just did, my girlfriend just slapped me.

"I'm so sorry," she says before running away from me. I walked to my car angrily and slammed it close as I stepped in, I looked at the steering wheel for a bit before screaming at the top of my lungs. After I calmed down, I noticed that Y/N was in my car, I started the engine and began driving them home.

As I was driving back to my place, I heard a ping and searched for it. I happened to see Y/N's phone lying on the car floor, I picked it up and saw a message from her mother. She must've accidentally left it here, right... I was lashing out earlier, that sucks. I hit the road again to bring it back to her.

Meantime...

Y/N's POV

Feeling defeated, you stood up and went to your room to take a bath. It took you an hour to wind down before feeling refreshed, you changed into your casual attire and went downstairs to eat. As you sat down on the stool, you noticed that there was a telephone hanging on the wall. Oh my god, how blind am I that I could not see this telephone? You asked yourself in dismay and grabbed it. You were about to dial your number when you saw your door open widely, you instantly had a gut feeling that someone was in your house.

You looked around to see if there was any door open to immediately close it, seeing the door to your pantry was open and you heard something rustling in there. You quickly closed it and you heard it banging from the other side, you picked up your father's golf club and suddenly Jake appeared at your front door. Seeing him here, you fell on your knees and started crying. He was confused at first but when he saw you holding the golf club, he knelt to comfort you as you continued crying. After you calmed down, you heard someone shouting on the other side of the door that just closed.

"Y/N? Honey, did you close the door? It's locked from the outside." You realized that it was your mom and you hurriedly ran to open it, she saw your face once you opened it,

"Oh, honey, did I scare you?"

"Yes," you replied before hugging her, "The door was open when I was in the kitchen and I thought someone broke in." You reasoned with your mother as you started crying again, she calmed you down by running her hand on your back to comfort you.